Chat about the ebay finds/deals thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmkhlh2006

O.G.
Jun 26, 2007
I was recently browsing the MJ forum and saw that one of the ladies over there had come up with the great idea of having a separate chat thread for the ebay finds/deals threads to keep the chatting out of that thread. I for one appreciate the chatting in the ebay thread (although I understand that isn't what the thread is for) as it helps me make decisions on what bags to buy. So here we go ladies, we can chat our little hearts out...

Okay! Great idea! How about this back basketweave? http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Rebecca-Minkoff-MAM-Black-with-Bascket-Weave_W0QQitemZ280258391819QQihZ018QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I am just curious because the seller describes he leather as almost "suede" like on one side. Is that a "smooth leather" basketweave that I have read some posts about, or do you think it is just a characteristic of this particular bag?

Yes, it looks like that's the smooth leather basketweave. Too bad, I thought one of th big plus of the bbw is the pebbled leather.

^^:wtf: I can't believe i missed that!!! I think by suede she was just trying to create a reference to how soft/smooth.

It looks in pristine condition, and went for a great price too!

I just wanted to say I think this is a great idea:tup:!! It will un-clutter the deal thread and give us all a chance to discuss without clogging up the thread. GREAT IDEA:ty:!!

i for one am dying to know why someone hasn't bought the ruby MAM for a great price yet!

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Rebecca-Min...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have this bag and while I know that not everyone's into it the leather is the BEST! super smooshy, and the color is stellar for year 'round...ha ha, if an MAB in this color ever returns to ebay i will buy it, i'm that obsessed. (i saw one early this summer from a sample sale).

i for one am dying to know why someone hasn't bought the ruby MAM for a great price yet!

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Rebecca-Minkoff-Morning-After-Bag-Mini-Rare-Ruby_W0QQitemZ270267262573QQihZ017QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have this bag and while I know that not everyone's into it the leather is the BEST! super smooshy, and the color is stellar for year 'round...ha ha, if an MAB in this color ever returns to ebay i will buy it, i'm that obsessed. (i saw one early this summer from a sample sale).
I know!!! So soft and delish. I have the ruby Mattie and it's leather is just so dreamy.
Lmk...2006, I am so glad you thought of this thread. I always want to comment about those deals and I can't.

^Fine minds think alike! And I for one am very sorry that I didn't snap that ruby/white spot Rose clutch up at LB a bit ago for $90...so stupid of me!

And thanks for starting this thread, it's a great idea. ;)

I have a gripe.
http://cgi.ebay.com/PERFECT-FOR-FALL-REBECCA-MINKOFF-MATINEE-BAG-GREY_W0QQitemZ170252459670QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170252459670&_trkparms=72%3A552%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Now I know this gripe is pretty much unwarranted, but I saw this bag and it made me grumble. For one, I have been waiting my BUTT off for this bag, with the ship date getting pushed back again and again, and here it is - just begging to be bought - on ebay. And it's supposedly a new one? Then where did it come from? And I, of course, paid $600+. Yes, that was my decision and I love the bag so much I'd probably do it again, but :cursing: the thought that I could maybe have gotten this bag for less except that I cannot cancel the preorder (especially since it's already been charged to my card!)......arg.

I know, I know - I made my decision, that's life. I'll get over it. I know. I think I'm getting impatient with this preorder; just needed to vent!

aww fabae i'm in the same boat as you!! I paid full price too, and still haven't gotten it! I don't think this bag is one of the recuts. I'm sure the seller already had it, or found one at a boutique that had older bags. ( i am not the seller!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Rebecca-Minkoff-Morning-After-Bag-Mini-Rare-Ruby_W0QQitemZ270267262573QQihZ017QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I keep going back and forth on this one, I wish someone else would buy it already so that I would stop looking at it. It's a beautiful color I just don't know if it would work for me.

Hey lmk...don't get me started, this is my all-time RM fave (and my first one, btw). I would recommend this lovely to anyone, and it matches just about everything -- it's my "go-to" bag. Not to enable, but.... :graucho:

yup, i feel the same way. my fingers are getting really itchy for this one, and i wish someone would get it to put me out of my misery!

I keep going back and forth on this one, I wish someone else would buy it already so that I would stop looking at it. It's a beautiful color I just don't know if it would work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.