CHAT about Balenciaga Finds

F/W 04 Black City...
This is the one I’m referring to 👆🏻

Reactions: cate22
You can really milk this no strap thing. It affects value, they don't have to know how amenable you actually can be.
I haven’t purchased from the RR in a while, but last time I ordered a vintage LV Keepall that was supposed to come with the lock, keys, luggage tag, luggage loop, and it had none of that. They ended up giving me $200 site credit!

Missing the strap is a pretty huge deal if it was mentioned, I think you could definitely get more than a $50 refund/site credit. That red is really beautiful.

Reactions: iluvmybags
I pulled the trigger on Boobie/Planet Messenger. I love the uniqueness and am having a weak moment. And that green is quite lovely, also got a small discount with an offer. I’ll do a quick reveal when she arrives. Thanks Deco for posting.
So it took forever to arrive, but is finally here. They folded the bag in half and stuffed into a plastic envelope, no stuffing, no protection, just shoved into the envelope. There is more colour loss/fading along the top flap than the pictures show. And to top it off, I had to pay over $50 in fees to receive.

It is a pretty green and will be a good knock around bag. This is what I get with impulse purchases… See if some conditioning can bring back a bit of colour in the faded areas.

Attachments

• IMG_1635.jpeg
    IMG_1635.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1636.jpeg
    IMG_1636.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1638.jpeg
    IMG_1638.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 28
So it took forever to arrive, but is finally here. They folded the bag in half and stuffed into a plastic envelope, no stuffing, no protection, just shoved into the envelope. There is more colour loss/fading along the top flap than the pictures show. And to top it off, I had to pay over $50 in fees to receive.

It is a pretty green and will be a good knock around bag. This is what I get with impulse purchases… See if some conditioning can bring back a bit of colour in the faded areas.
The leather looks super soft!

The leather looks very beautiful.. I think it’s a dark enough color that it would be worth the minimal risk of trying Leather Honey on the faded areas. This should help, just be sure to keep it on the discreet sections (separated by seams etc.,) otherwise it might create a demarcation line. Or keep it as is. There’s its own kind of charm when one of these special old bags wears its history. :hbeat:

The leather looks very beautiful.. I think it’s a dark enough color that it would be worth the minimal risk of trying Leather Honey on the faded areas. This should help, just be sure to keep it on the discreet sections (separated by seams etc.,) otherwise it might create a demarcation line. Or keep it as is. There’s its own kind of charm when one of these special old bags wears its history. :hbeat:
Great advice and yes, the life it’s lived so far is shown on the leather. I’m not quite to the Olsen twins and the shabby Kelly, but can appreciate that beauty of something well loved. Thanks for the perspective and advice :smile: