charms....... what's the deal

cherrifoam

O.G.
Sep 4, 2010
............ just having a small rant..... WHY ARE LV CHARMS SO EXPENSIVE???????? Even on ebay i feel like they are ridiculously priced. I really want one, but i feel like i cannot justify spending like 400 dollars on a small charm. Does anyone else feel this way? Has it kept you from buying them? They're SO cute..... but i just cant brig myself to do it....... who's with me on this?

I'm with you! I also find them way over-priced! :pout:

I find them cute but doesn't make sense to spend so much money on one when I can buy a bandeau or Hermes Twilly and use that instead of a bag charm to "dress up" my bags. Might as well use the money towards a bag or wallet!

I am right there with you! There are a couple I think are so cute but I refuse to pay the high price for them, even preloved ones are still to pricey for me. So, I go without.

For me, I only have one..I don't like bandeaus on bags but I do love charms. I can justify just buying one because a charm can personalize a bag that everyone has and make yours special. It can really make it look that much nicer in my opinion..everyone as a neverfull in Miami but not everyone has a tortoise insolence charm so I feel extra special carrying my bags with a charm. They are overpriced, but if you buy just one that matches all your bags, it's so worth it!

I wanted a charm for my artsy but couldn't afford the LV ones. I got a Kate Spade jingle bell key chain. It has 8 or 9 real jingle bells and when I walk it jingles. I love it more than any LV charm !

i love my charms. some i've bought new, some i've bought pre-loved. i've purchased specific charms for specific bags. yes, they are expensive but i don't collect SLG's (i have what i need) and i think they add value to my bags. i think it all comes down to just personal preference ... if you really want a charm then you save for and get it.

I wish they were cheaper, too. It has kept my hubby from buying one until recently because I kept begging for one :smile:. I told him I don't think I'll ever want more than 3, one for my Epi bags, one for my Mono bags, and one that would go with either damier pattern. I have one to go with my mono bags, but I don't get it until Christmas. :smile:

I do want one to personalize my bag! they always catch my eye when im in the store, but then i pull away when i see the price! I have bought a bandeau and used that to personalize, but the bow always gets messed up! Maybe i just havent found "the one" yet that will cause me to splurge hahah