Charms for Necklaces?

VALady94

Sep 30, 2019
Hi All! This is my first post here!

I just purchased my first Tiffany’s piece. It’s just a simple chain at $65 as I don’t wear much jewelry. I want to purchase some charms - however the ones on website either a) don’t appeal to me or b) are entirely to expensive for me to justify when I am not sure when I will be going back to work.

Would it be weird or taboo to purchase charms from other sources or companies and wear them on the chain? If not do you all have any suggestions?

It depends. If you’re talking about a simple flat circle or heart, it may not be worth the upcharge to you. If you’re looking at figural charms, quality can be surprisingly hard to find. Here are three Eiffel Tower charms, for example:
https://rembrandtcharms.com/shop/charms/travel/france-travel/medium-eiffel-tower-charm/

https://us.pandora.net/en/jewelry/charms/dangle-charms/paris-eiffel-tower-dangle-charm/791082.html

[URL]https://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/tiffany-charms/eiffel-tower-charm-23715902/

[/URL]
I don’t think I’d call it taboo to put something like the first two charms on a Tiffany chain, but Tiffany charms really are a lot nicer than most of what’s available. Only you can decide if that’s worth the extra cost.

Certainly don't buy those that don't appeal.

You can always buy the chain now and use existing charms you may have and wait for more T to come in/until your job situation becomes more certain.

Which one's did you like?

definitely buy only what YOU like, regardless of the brand
just keep in mind 2 things: thickness/durability of the chain and weight of the charm, and the comfortability of the charm, as some of them being 3D, Eiffel Tower in particular, could hurt at some point digging into your skin, especially if you plan to wear them 24/7 and sleep in them.

Certainly don't buy those that don't appeal.

You can always buy the chain now and use existing charms you may have and wait for more T to come in/until your job situation becomes more certain.

Which one's did you like?

The ones that stood out and that I will likely absolutely buy from Tiffany in the future are:
- Conclave Cross
- Anchor
- Return to Tiffany lightening bolt tag

Reactions: papertiger
This is where your Treat Yo’ Self Sinking Fund should come in. Ten dollars a week, rain or shine. Skipped Starbucks? Passed up a drive-thru? Chuck in another five dollars. Put that pint of ice cream back at the grocery store? Five more bucks for the kitty. You’ll be swimming in guilt-free Tiffany before you know it :panic:

This is where your Treat Yo’ Self Sinking Fund should come in. Ten dollars a week, rain or shine. Skipped Starbucks? Passed up a drive-thru? Chuck in another five dollars. Put that pint of ice cream back at the grocery store? Five more bucks for the kitty. You’ll be swimming in guilt-free Tiffany before you know it :panic:

I just started a savings account (a shame for someone who is 25 I know). I promised my self once I get to $1500 I was going to buy more Tiffany!

I don’t spend a ton on purses because I only carry tote bags (save for special occasions), and one purse will last me for a long time.

Pandora has some cute charms also if you filter well (well at least personally I am not a fan of the really classic ones, but they have some really pretty pieces in the new collection)