Charm Hardware

pilotgirl

Apr 8, 2008
I'm no designer, but I'll a little puzzled why nearly all the charms/keyfobs have silver/nickel hardware when so many of the bags have brass hardware! ...and those charms with brass hardware are so shiny compared to some of the bags (I'm thinking Legacy). Am I the only one who would like to see more charms in brass...and better yet, the "antiqued" finish??? Just curious...:wondering

Some of the older charms do- the older style alphabet did, but now the newer style has the silver kind. I don't like the silver kind because I have three legacy leather bags with brass hardware.

ITA! I have more bags with the brass hardware than I do with the silver hardware. Even more disappointing is that the loops on my bags with the silver hardware are too big for the clips to clasp onto.

What was Coach thinking when they manufactured these purse fobs, eh? Now I am lucky if I can put a few of them on my bags. Many of them are stored away until I find a nifty way to put them on--and on a beaded chain??? Ai yi yi! Nope. That just makes it more easily removeable (someone can easily sneak up behind me and unlatch the fob) or the chain can come loose.

Take care, :heart:

I don't know why they do this, but Im particular about mixing metals and metal colors, so I totally agree with you! I currently only have one bag with antique brass hardware and I really want to dress her up but am at a bit of a loss. :smile:

Luckily I normally go for bags with silver/nickel finish anyway...

Yes, it's so frustrating! I'm planning on buying something in the Graphic Op Art and since the "E" charm right now was in orange I thought to myself "perfect"... Until I realized the colour of the hardware didn't match :sad: I was disappointed, for sure.

ITA!
I usually don't have a prob mixing metals. I wear silver and gold jewelry. But I don't like nickel hardware charms on Legacy brass. If it's a shiny brass, like on my Chelsea, then it's ok.
I keep looking and looking for brass hdwe charms, but the only ones I have are the strawberry, the heart script, a pink/red flower, a multi flower and a legacy stripe disk charm. Sounds like a lot, but not compared to all the nickel ones!

I'm no designer, but I'll a little puzzled why nearly all the charms/keyfobs have silver/nickel hardware when so many of the bags have brass hardware! ...and those charms with brass hardware are so shiny compared to some of the bags (I'm thinking Legacy). Am I the only one who would like to see more charms in brass...and better yet, the "antiqued" finish??? Just curious...:wondering

Totally with ya on that one. I love the burnished brass or "antiqued" finish, on everything from my purses' hardware to faucets and doorknobs!:yes:

I don't get it,either. Maybe nickel is cheaper than brass? Seems to me if ya make your charms match most of the hardware on most of your bags (in case someone who works for Caoch sees this!) then there would be more profit! But then again, that's just me!

If you look at my signature pic, you can see how I "hide" the cherry charm, which has nickel hardware, behind the initial charms, which have brass hardware. Just an idea!

I complained about this same thing to my local Store this past weekend. Even the SAs had no idea why the current charms have mainly the silver toned hardware on them when the vast majority of Coach bags have gold toned/brass hardware. However, I did luck out two weeks ago at a Coach outlet and managed to procure the flower charms in both the gold and silver toned hardware for only $9.99 each.

One would think that they would offer both brass and nickle versions on all of the charms they made that way you could choose whichever hardware you preferred.

I have a few bags with the brass hardware and the silver fobbed charms really stand out when they are paired together....