Charlie 28 Design Change

Teagaggle

Sep 29, 2014
Morning all!
As you've probably seen from my recent reveals, I really do love the Charlie both in the carryall size and the smaller 28. I picked up a couple of the metallic 28s during this past sale. I also purchased one of the newer Charlie 28s in Oxblood at full price. I went to transfer my stuff to my new Oxblood 28 and immediately noticed a design change which may result in its return. As you can see from the photos I attached, the new design seems to have two slip pockets attached to the center zip rather than the one larger slip pocket the previous style, including the most recent metallics, had. I have a Galaxy S8 plus phone and do not use a case. My phone barely fits into either of the slip pockets of the new design, whereas it fit perfectly into the older design with the one large slip pocket with no problem at all and could probably even fit a case. This could be a deal-breaker for some of you so I wanted to pass this along. Of course, the photos on Coach's website still reflect the one larger pocket, rather than these two slip pockets. I know I would have liked to have known this ahead of time, so that is why I'm posting.
20181223_115541.jpg 20181223_115808.jpg

Reactions: redwood66
I guess I didn't pay attention to the slip pockets when I ordered the metallic ones. But I would need the larger single one for my S7 Edge in its case. Good to know. Love the colors on the green one.

My signature Charlie larger size has the 2 slip pockets. I got mine in November from Macy’s. They are a bit tight and it’s my only complaint about the bag. I don’t put my phone in the pockets so it’s not a big deal for me but I’d prefer the one larger pocket. I don’t know if the larger size ever had one pocket or always the 2.

My signature Charlie larger size has the 2 slip pockets. I got mine in November from Macy’s. They are a bit tight and it’s my only complaint about the bag. I don’t put my phone in the pockets so it’s not a big deal for me but I’d prefer the one larger pocket. I don’t know if the larger size ever had one pocket or always the 2.
I think the signature one came out at the same time as the Oxblood, hence the two smaller pockets.
I have an original & newer larger Charlie carryall & both have the same design - two slip pockets.

Reactions: Syren
What wallet do you all use with your Charlie Carryall 28? I bought a Coach Softwallet but it just doesn’t seem to fit just right. I’ve just been using a LV cles as a card holder but would like to find a wallet that holds cash. Thanks.

What wallet do you all use with your Charlie Carryall 28? I bought a Coach Softwallet but it just doesn’t seem to fit just right. I’ve just been using a LV cles as a card holder but would like to find a wallet that holds cash. Thanks.
I don't have mine yet but are you putting your wallet in the middle zip section rather than one of the two sides?

My absolute favorite Coach wallet is one the FP stores used to make but now I can only find occasionally at the outlet or on Ebay. It's the soft slim wallet. Carries a ton of cards yet maintains a slim profile. It fits in most every bag I own length wise as well. I've attached some photos I grabbed from the internet. Let me know if you have any questions!
m_5a80da9585e605c41d7be065.jpg m_5a80da962c705d1856c64fab.jpg

Attachments

• m_5a80da981dffda0c9e0d61b2.jpg
    m_5a80da981dffda0c9e0d61b2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 267
My absolute favorite Coach wallet is one the FP stores used to make but now I can only find occasionally at the outlet or on Ebay. It's the soft slim wallet. Carries a ton of cards yet maintains a slim profile. It fits in most every bag I own length wise as well. I've attached some photos I grabbed from the internet. Let me know if you have any questions!
View attachment 4287139 View attachment 4287140
I agree, it's my favorite wallet too. Both of mine are FP, from 2014 and 2016. The quality is great. I'm afraid the factory versions may not be as nice.

Pardon the crude pic I just took at the restaurant I'm at. This is one of my soft slim wallets. I always put it in a side compartment for easy access (even in Rogue). This works well for me & is not shoved in. Fits fine for me.
20181223_162544.jpg

Reactions: redwood66
Is it a pain to get in and out? Can you fit anything else on that side of the bag?
Nope, no issues in or out. Easily an inch of room on both sides of the wallet. I could put my phone in there or a card case. My keys, tissue pack & work badge go on the other side with my beauty stuff in the center zip.

Nope, no issues in or out. Easily an inch of room on both sides of the wallet. I could put my phone in there or a card case. My keys, tissue pack & work badge go on the other side with my beauty stuff in the center zip.
I was thinking the same with this bag. My wallet and phone on one side, coupons, keys, misc. on the other. And my wristlet with lipstick, etc. in the middle zip. I don't like cosmetics loose in a bag because I would have messes all the time.