Charity HH Auction?

AmbassadorBri

UPS <3's TPF, too!
Jul 23, 2009
Hello Lovely Ladies! I have a question... I volunteer for a nonprofit in my hometown, and we are in need of some major $$$ for a downpayment for land and a bigger building. I was thinking of "donating" some HH bags and auctioning them off online to raise money. Do ANY of you know how I can do a charity auction on Bonanzle or Ebay? I have 5013c's- so I can place the number for this on the reciept for buyers to they can write off their "donations" (HH winnings). The org. is a program for children, and since they are pouring in after school (Kentucky), I thought that I would get the ball rolling. Any ideas? Anyone? Where would I get this info, since EBAY doesn't have a cs number?

Hmmm... the guy who started Bonanzle has a tPF ID and seems like a great guy (blanking on his name... Bill?) but they don't do proper auctions. I wonder if HH themselves could host it, like the auctions they did at the beginning of the year? I'll bet you could get a few donations from HHHotties as well...

What's the NP group do?

The name of the non profit is: The Ruby E. Bailey Family Services Center. We are located in Lexington, KY. Last year, about 500 kids signed up for the FREE program (K-12) and we had a space for ONLY 125. Now, we rent a walk out basement in a shopping complex that will hold 225. (getting there) We provide: tutoring, free lunches and breakfast during summer, music lessons, art lessons, career/coaching, camps, etc. The center is located in a primarily HUD subs, low income, sec. 8 area (most of the kids 90% qualify). We are TOTALLY NON PROFIT. Here is the link for a little about the center: http://sites.google.com/site/bgpigday/about-us If anyone is interested in voluneering, etc, please let me know! :smile:

I found out about the program after I graduated from college. I was the chairwoman for a children focused volunteer team at U.K., and when I graduated, I found out about REBFSC thru Kelly Harris (Ruby Bailey's daughter). She and her husband (WONDERFUL FAMILY) opened a barbeque place in Lexington, and the profits from their BBQ shack support the center as well. They are a really wonderful family, and I want to do everything that I can to help. In fact, I have taken pictures of our center, but how do I post them on here?

Wow!! What a great group... I just skimmed, but it looks like they've done a ton of good! Are you thinking about an auction overall, or just some HH stuff? If it's the latter, I'd contact Toni & Ben and see if they could host it. Anyone could donate HH items... someone would have to standardize pics and descriptions...

Either way, if you get it set up, let us know. I've got a thing or two I could donate :smile:

I found out about the program after I graduated from college. I was the chairwoman for a children focused volunteer team at U.K., and when I graduated, I found out about REBFSC thru Kelly Harris (Ruby Bailey's daughter). She and her husband (WONDERFUL FAMILY) opened a barbeque place in Lexington, and the profits from their BBQ shack support the center as well. They are a really wonderful family, and I want to do everything that I can to help. In fact, I have taken pictures of our center, but how do I post them on here?

You could just post a link to a Photobucket (or other) gallery. You might double-check with the mods to make sure this is all okay as a discussion... there are some rules about not promoting your own business until you've posted so many times, etc., but it wouldn't hurt to check. I'd try to figure out the auction apparatus first, and then let us all know about it.

Hopefully it wouldn't be an issue since it is for a nonprofit? lol! Who knows anymore... Oh well. Sounds like a good idea, I will try to upload some pics to photobucket and then post a link!

eBay use to provide a storefront apparatus set up for aucitoning to a charity that was something like "Stars on 7th" or celebrities on 7th or some such (can't remember the name). I do remember the premise - celebrities (and regulars) donating designer handbags, etc., to auction to raise funds for Aids support. Maybe contact eBay to see what they provide chairities beyond the donation checkbox offered to their sellers?

I think Jenn's idea of approaching Ben & Toni is the best idea. Because whichever apparatus you choose to auction, it is only as good as its already built-in outreach or your ability to promote. From this premise the least effective choice is Bonanzle, as their traffic is a fraction of eBay's traffic. Ebay would be a better choice in that they have the traffic, but it is only as good as your promotion. HH would be the ideal choice because they have not only the apparatus already working, they have the outreach and promotional ability (including their use of social media) AND they have the built-in customer (or should I say FAN) base focused on the product you would be using to raise funds. Also, HH may look favorably towards the project because they would see their customer base grow as they reach people who previously haven't heard of HH. Ebay wouldn't have that motivation.

Ding dong! I will do that. I wonder what the best way to contact them is... LOL! I think that I feel like I should "make a special trip to NYC." LOL! I will do that then. I can provide all of the documentation that they would need, too. Thanks ladies, you are all the very best!