Chargeback question?

1. I have read nightmare stories about paypal, that people who bought expensive items used chargebacks on their chargecard disputing the item wasn't what they expected, wasn't authentic, etc. If a buyer uses a debitcard from a checking/savings, can this still happen to a seller? Would the buyer have to use a true creditcard, such as a MC or Visa (not a debitcard) in order to do a chargeback? Does this chargeback only apply to eBay items or can it apply to any item sold using paypal? Thanks for clearing this up for me. I just want to protect myself as a seller as I want to sell some stuff on eBay and don't want to get burned :=)

2. Anyone can dispute a transaction; however, if you protect yourself then you can win the dispute.

You should read the seller tutorial at PayPal to know the steps you have to take to protect yourself as a seller.

You must ship to confirmed addresses, you must ship within 5 days of accepting payment. Do not ship items if the buyer pays with an e-check until the e-check clears.

If you protect yourself as a seller then you will win disputes with paypal, but, if you don't follow paypal's seller protection tips then you will lose the disputes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice