Changing your mind about a purchase

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. :thinking:Okay, ladies. I'm sure some of you have had this happen but have you ever changed your mind about purchasing a bag because of "a feeling",didn't look/feel right, or just plain old "gut feeling"?

2. Yup!
    I bought a LV "Totally MM" afew weeks ago, - then changed to "Palermo PM" all within 14days!... B'cus I felt... that theres no "Love at first sight" kinda feeling... :P

3. the only time this happened to me was when i bought a Rebecca Minkoff morning after on major sale at saks. i had always liked that bag, and it came to about $140, which is ridiculously good.

but when i got home it sat on my desk for about a week, and i never felt tempted to carry it. that's highly unusual for me- usually when i get a new bag i'm practically throwing my stuff into it when i walk out the store! the RM seemed a little boring next to my other bags, and i realized the style (and the color i got- black) was just too simple for me, and i returned it.

4. This has so happened to me. And if you don't love it--Return it.

5. Happily I have an instinctive feeling when first seeing a bag IRL.

There are so many bags that I have fallen head-over-heels in love with looking at pics etc but then it's almost instant when I see a bag up close.

Usually it was the difference between 'good idea' and it's execution.

6. Unfortunately I have done this WAY too many times! I adore bags, and love them, but I do not change out daily...so how many can I really use? Plus some I cannot see IRL before buying, so I have to order them and then I like them but they sit in the closet...

I have finally come around to being a lot more mindful of what I purchase...and also realizing that certain bags work for me, while others do not. And I would rather return for a full refund if it is not love versus ending up selling it a few weeks later on the bonz or fleebay at a loss...

7. I change my mind all of the time...and I am always in search of the perfect bag.

8. i change my mind too but i hate waiting for the refund/credit.

9. I buy all my bags online (cheaper to buy overseas) but sometimes it's hard when you are just judging based on a picture, so I do change my mind once I get to see it in person.

10. Yes when I start reading reviews about a bag I want. I usually like to see bags in person than online because I can make a better judgement before I swipe the plastic.

11. For me ..I purchased my first LV.. Damier Ebene speedy 30..I was dying to get it..but after I got it I wasn't so excited about it...sold it. I do love the damier so much better than the mono and I love a satchel shape..there was just something about it that didn't get me going..the canvas or something. I haven't bought anymore LV.

12. I had so many returns or re-selling, not fun, but I can not access the ones I like IRL, so I try online, sometimes it turns out waaaaaaaay better than in the photo (YSL always surprise me how amazing they are IRL), often I am terribly disappointed (like with many newer types of Miu Miu bags with yellower than I would like hardware). It is a problem.

13. This has definitely happened to me before. That's why now, once I've purchased I put the bag in the closet in it's dustbag with all tags still attached and put the receipt inside the bag. I do not carry it for 1-2 weeks (sometimes longer if there is a more generous return policy). During that period I may take it out a few times to put my things in it and carry it around the house. But if the desire dies down then I just return it.

14. I did this with a Bagdley Mischka bag. It looked SO cute online, so I ordered it to replace my MBMJ Lil Riz (which was since repaired). I picked it up from Nordies, took it home, and just felt like it didn't replace or even come close to filling my MBMJ void. I had it for a total of 6 hours before I returned it.

15. Thank you all for the informative replies. :woohoo: