Changing up the collection

GearGirly

Oct 28, 2010
Has anyone done a major change-up? I just got into LV about a year and a half ago and went sort of crazy, :cool::graucho:, but as time goes on I realize what I love and what I don't wear even though I love. I am thinking of maybe selling some to Fashionphile even though I will take a huge loss, but getting some other bags I will carry more. Has anyone done this? Did you regret it?

Right now I am loving my Damier Ebene Neverfull GM and pretty much carrying just that, but I really want to add a Speedy b and something in epi electric, and the alma bb in Pomme.

I would let go of about 4 or 5 really new bags to get these, I won't list them because I don't want to look like I am trying to sell anything but they are a combo of mono, azur, and vernis pieces. I guess I don't want to add more but I want more, lol!

Yep. Having the same debate. Since getting the beige Chanel GST, azur has no place in my closet. It's sad but true. I hate the idea of taking a loss, but it's more of loss to sit around in dust bags doing nothing.

Agreed, I hate it when things sit around if it is because I don't really love it. If it is just because I have too many but still love and will use it then that is different !:P

Y'all feel free to send me what's just sitting in your closet that you aren't using !!! :smile:
I'd keep them especially if you're going to take a big loss on them.
If you're going to sell, sell on your own before sending to a reseller .
Good luck with yalls decisions !

Yes. Some of my older bags I no longer use (change of lifestyle with children!)

But instead of going to fashionphile or Yoogi's closet (as the quotes were slightly lower), I decided to try selling myself on Bonanza.

I think you should try selling on Bonanza first. Then if it doesn't work for you - go to fashionphile / Yoogi's closet.

Definitely try selling yourself first. The bay has more traffic but Bonz is good too. It may take longer to sell it yourself depending where you list it, but you get more money in the end. And don't bother with local consignments- they take 50%.

Definitely try selling yourself first. The bay has more traffic but Bonz is good too. It may take longer to sell it yourself depending where you list it, but you get more money in the end. And don't bother with local consignments- they take 50%.

Totally agree, try to sell yourself first. I shuffle and change all the time. Don't feel badly about it ~ get what you'll enjoy! :smile: Good luck!

Thanks for the help, I am really excited to start selling!! I keep adding to my want list though since I have had a slow day at my store today and I've been on TPF all day, dangerous!!!!!

I decided to completely change up my collection last year....I just realized after years and years of mostly all Monogram bags I wanted a more diverse selection. So I sold and rebought.
It is fine if you have figured out which bags you like more.

I wanted to have a few different styles in a few different lines and I am enjoying them a lot.

have fun !:smile:

I've had 3 different speedies, the mono 30, damier 25 and an epi toledo blue 30, all of which have now been sold. I'm now getting ready to purchase a new bag, probably another speedy and I'm really loving the size 35 as I found the others too small. I can't wait to start all over!