Changing stylists

LibraChic107

Jun 5, 2007
I tried to get an appt with my normal stylist for a haircut, however at the time she was all booked for a couple weeks and I really needed a cut. I went to the salon and she came over and said hi then I explained to her she was all booked up which is why I didn't see her. She said it was fine and told me happy holidays. I called back today and she had an opening in 2weeks for highlights so I booked it with my normal stylist. Do you think it will be awkward to go back to her or am I just over thinking this? At open point she got promoted so her prices were out of my range but now that I can afford it I want to go back. Is there anything should say to her?

As a hairstylist, it really depends. Some hairstylist are VERY possessive and they get really upset if you see anyone other than them. And then some are fine with it as long as the client is happy. From what it sounds like, she's not a possessive stylist. Like me, if I see one of my clients in the salon but they are with someone else, regardless of the reason (overbooked, decided to walk in, travel plans, etc) I still say hi. Because ignoring them would be uncomfortable and and the client would feel like they are "cheating" on their hairstylist. You should be able to go back to her if you wanted, she has no reason to be upset with you. Now, if you are changing stylist completely and staying at the same salon, most times from my experience, I would feel like its a mutual decision. Not that we would have talked it over or anything, but I wouldn't of felt a connection either, if that makes sense.