Changing s/h price

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am currently selling some of bags (non-branded ones, real cheap under $20) and since it's the first time for me to sell on Ebay, i made some mistake on pricing the s/h cost.

For convenience i am going to use USPS Priority Medium Box and since it's my fault in the first place not going to the USPS site, i search for shipping reference in ebay and list is as $9 for domestic. But since the items are going to end soon (currently another 20 hours) and i've just found out the flat rate for the domestic price is $10.70 so i changed 3 of my listings from $9 to $11 (rounding it up)

But for another one item, it was too late for me to change it as there's already a bidder (>_<) Do you think it's appropriate if i ask the winning bidder for another extra $2 to cover the real s/h cost?

Need help~

2. No, you can't ask for more shipping, we've all done it at some stage, just grin and bear it !

3. Nope, definitely not. :nogood: As a seller, you have to expect to charge what a buyer expects to be charged for shipping. Whenever I sell an item, I always pay more for shipping than what I charge the buyer. It's unfortunate but often necessary, especially now with the higher shipping costs and with higher value items. Not everyone does this, of course, but it's a common practice pretty much across the board.