Changing my strap

Chinadoll9771

May 13, 2020
Hi all,

New to this forum and looking to get some advice on a bag. I like the overall shape of this bag. It reminds me of the YSL large college bag a bit. I’m not crazy about the shoulder strap. I think the bag could look more updated with a chain strap that could work as a shoulder bag or crossbody. What are your thoughts on changing out the straps on Chanel bags? Does that make it unsellable in the future? Completely ruin the integrity of the bag? Can this even be done? Appreciate your thoughts.

1BAC341A-99AB-430A-9E72-1D6A8B4B653E.jpeg

A39179DE-8314-4AEF-9C09-BDDB8FF7F86A.jpeg

470FFF48-B4A5-4BA7-B5F4-0EF2C9B2BED4.jpeg

Generally it's a giant NO to changing straps since that's a major part of what a Chanel bag is, but yours is quite different since it's a non-traditional bag with no chain straps. Yours can very easily be taken off or opened up with those screws and another strap used in its place. It will always decrease value to mess with straps, so - if you can - hold on the the original strap and just place it back on before a sale. I'd probably use a longer leather one, so you don't scratch the ring hardware with other chains. Your bag would be easy to swap out so I'd say yes, go for it. :smile:

Hi all,

New to this forum and looking to get some advice on a bag. I like the overall shape of this bag. It reminds me of the YSL large college bag a bit. I’m not crazy about the shoulder strap. I think the bag could look more updated with a chain strap that could work as a shoulder bag or crossbody. What are your thoughts on changing out the straps on Chanel bags? Does that make it unsellable in the future? Completely ruin the integrity of the bag? Can this even be done? Appreciate your thoughts.

View attachment 4753793

View attachment 4753794

View attachment 4753795
Hi all,

View attachment 4753793

View attachment 4753794

View attachment 4753795
It is lovely bag and I would keep it as is.
I know you wanna update it and have it more functional but it might ruin the bad.
Check if you can add an external removable strap the bag so you can wear it crossbody and refresh the look of the bag.