Changing my name- opinions needed POLL

Which name is the most appealing to you?

• Tara

• Lanah

• Cara

• Blakely

• Madison

• Saffron

• Madelyn

Results are only viewable after voting.

simpleplan

O.G.
Feb 16, 2007
Hello Ladies (and gents)!!
I'm looking through a few names and I need opinions on which
one you like! :P
I'd appreciate it, vote on my poll for the following names:

1. Tara
2. Lanah (pronounced like Lana)
3. Cara
4. Blakely (pronounced like Blake-ly)
5. Madison
6. Saffron
7. Mandy
8. Madelyn

When it comes to names, it's hard to pick one when you don't know the person.

What's wrong with your given name?

I have a friend who changed her name after high school and went through years of trying to get people to use the new name...lots of anger, drama and grief....

Now that we're in our forties she laughs about it. Recently after a long night of laughing and a few drinks and slipping more than once and my apologizing, she laughed and said, 'honestly, I don't care, anymore...' I asked her what motivated her to change her name and she honestly put it out there, 'I was young and wanted to change and I thought changing my name would change me' She waxed on more and was more profoundly than I can remember to quote here....

Anyway, I am not saying that is you...but...

I would really consider your motivation behind wanting to change your name and consider that it will be very hard for friends and family not to slip and how will you feel when they do...not to mention the legal hassles.

I have a friend who changed her name after high school and went through years of trying to get people to use the new name...lots of anger, drama and grief....

Same here. I had a friend who we all knew by her given name. She went to San Fran for a while. After 6 months or so, I heard people talking about a girl that sounded a lot like my friend, but they kept calling her something totally different. Evidently, when she got back, she decided to reinvent her self, so she started insisting that people call her a new name. All of the old friends would hear about this girl they'd say "who??" and all the new friends would act the same when the old friends would talk about her.

To this day, I still call her her given name. :P

I have had a few friends change their names, and I respect that; I will not call someone a name they do not want to be called. However, if you change your name because you feel like you are such a different person, as a friend, I sort of feel like, what happened to the person I became friends with, then? So for the most part I end up never using any name when I speak to them.

I'd like more background ... why do you want to change it?

I changed my last name legally because it was too hard to spell and pronounce. It drove me crazy when I was growing up and by the time I was a young adult, I decided that I wanted to change it. I had to fill out paperwork and go to court and state my reasoning in front of a judge. He approved it without incident. My parents weren't too thrilled but I don't regret my decision at all.