Changing Handbags: How often do you switch?

Light2018

Apr 2, 2017
I love my new-to-me Hermes Victoria. I've been carrying it for about a week and a half...since I bought it. A friend warns that I shouldn't "wear it out" and that wearing the same bag every day is not very stylish. I'm sure opinions differ on this, but am I alone in thinking that there is NOTHING wrong with having a bag that one carries every day? I can see using an evening clutch when going out formally, etc., but on a typical day, I see nothing wrong with using just one bag.

I would love for a bag lovers to share their thoughts. I'm not the trendiest, fashion forward woman out there. Though deep inside, I would like to be more stylish. Just a bit.

Thanks!

I go through phases. When I got my first designer bag, an LV babylone preloved, I wore it everyday for 5 years. That was extreme. Back then I only had the one bag and was happy with just the one. But then I began buying bags from Chanel, then Dior, and now Hermes. I switch bags often, sometimes twice a day. I carry very little so it is no problem to switch. Then sometimes I get lazy and rely solely on my gold Evie for a few days before switching it up.

Reactions: Hermezzy and Kmora
I go through phases. When I got my first designer bag, an LV babylone preloved, I wore it everyday for 5 years. That was extreme. Back then I only had the one bag and was happy with just the one. But then I began buying bags from Chanel, then Dior, and now Hermes. I switch bags often, sometimes twice a day. I carry very little so it is no problem to switch. Then sometimes I get lazy and rely solely on my gold Evie for a few days before switching it up.

Thank you. I've never splurged on anything like this, bag or otherwise, and I honestly thought I would use the bag A LOT to justify the expense. He implied that not rotating my bags is "ghetto." Really? I'm just so focused on other things that I don't even think about it. I thought the Blue Jean leather would go with more than even black, which was a bonus for me. I don't want to look pathetically without fashion sense though. But thank you...I'm not alone in loving a bag daily!

Reactions: JazzyMac and lulilu
I wish I wasn't so matchy matchy but I end up switching bags almot everyday.... depending on my outfit.... my bag m u s t coordinate.
I'm thinking of getting a bag insert for my B25 (don't want sagging swift) and that should make things a bit easier bc I could use that same insert for all of my bags =)

Nothing wrong with using the same bag daily. Its personal choices. I use bag based on my mood (lazy or fancy) and the weather. Ill go light & crossbody when Im lazy, & vise versa. But i do find myself resting the bag after using them a week, just to be fair to other bags :biggrin:.

Nothing wrong with carrying the same bag daily:smile: It will become your trademark look.:heart: But if ever you want to switch things up a bit and rotate the bags you have, a bag insert helps. An insert lets you remove the contents of one bag easily and put them into another bag without hassle. Enjoy your new bag.:idea:

Agreed....absolutely nothing wrong to carry the same bag everyday. I do switch bags often (sometimes every day and sometimes every few days) but that's only because I love them all and I also like to match my outfits to my bags and heck, if a bag I haven't used for a few days matches an outfit I'm wearing, why not take that baby out!

About inserts, I actually have an insert for each one of my bags and use them more for protecting the inside of the bag and organization. I don't carry a lot so it's not too much work to switch bags for me.
Enjoy your victoria dear!

I wish I wasn't so matchy matchy but I end up switching bags almot everyday.... depending on my outfit.... my bag m u s t coordinate.
I'm thinking of getting a bag insert for my B25 (don't want sagging swift) and that should make things a bit easier bc I could use that same insert for all of my bags =)

IF, I am the same way like you, I change my bags depending on my outfit and accessories, to me handbag is one of my accessory. But there are times I will purposely pick out an outfit to match a certain handbag I have crush on at the moment :rolleyes: , so yes I do carry the same bag for few days before changing it.

OP, nothing wrong to use the same bag, it all depends on your lifestyle, and I encourage you to do so if she is your HG bag. :hugs:

Definitely nothing wrong with that! In fact, using your Victoria every day will make it your signature bag and make it even more special to you, and if someone you know saw a Victoria on anyone else they would think of you :smile:
It is the same with fragrances, some people like to change it up and some like to have a signature.

I try to always have something on every day that makes me smile. Bags are no exception. If a bag makes me happy I carry it. I tend to only have neutral colors so that I pick a bag based on it's shape and structure vs color. I have gone through phases when I've only had one nice bag and it went everywhere, everyday [emoji52] and no one ever called me ghetto haha!! Love your new life and your new bag!!!!

I wear the same bag for work mon - fri and then switch on the weekend, typically between two other bags, depending on the activities.

Nothing wrong with wearing the same bag every day. I prefer neutral colors that match most things in my wardrobe and getting lower cost-per-wear makes sense with Hermes prices