Changing hair for summer?

gillianna

O.G.
Dec 27, 2005
Anyone do/thinking of changing their hair now that summer will be here? 4 of my friends just got highlights or frosting and they look fantastic. I got the color job from hell-a few weeks ago. I was getting highlights and then my hairdresser decided to do something different and he bleached it-without me knowing:lol: ..... I mean I trusted him and thought he was coloring the roots-did not know it was with bleach. Every appt. he kept adding more highlights so I thought that was what he was going to do.
So now I have blond hooker hair and need to do lowlights or something.
I was thinking of going back to a light brown and having it frosted.
I hate my hair now......:shame: I look horrible in dark hair and always had it frosted. At least it's short so I can do something without having it feel like straw.

i try to change my hair up for the summer......go a little lighter, a little shorter, sometimes red.........but my hair's been feeling a little fried lately so i'm thinking maybe i'll just leave it alone for once and stop tormenting it :P

I have had these carmel highlights/lowlights for about one year, woke up last week and went "what the heck are you doing". Too many colors, too light, yuck, so I went dark rich brown, expresso color which, oddly, is my natural color. Have gotten rave reviews. Go figure.

I had dirty blonde hair with long sweeping bangs... and i went to the salon, and now I have really blonde hair with bangs. I'm still trying to decide if i like it

I am scared of getting highlights because of maintance. I am very busy and won't have time to constantly run to the salon and I don't like th elook as it is growing out. Any options on what I should do?

i've heard if you get the highlights painted on by hand rather than using the foils the grow out of roots is less obvious.......also, you can get some highlights in between the layers of your hair so the roots are less obvious

i just got highlights & chopped off 4 in. i love highlights for the summer :smile:. the maintenance is a hassle but it is only for a few months til i go back to all brown again anyways.

jc2239 said:
i've heard if you get the highlights painted on by hand rather than using the foils the grow out of roots is less obvious.......also, you can get some highlights in between the layers of your hair so the roots are less obvious

yeah. I have really dark hair and I didn't want the maintenance hassle of highlights either, so I had white blonde streaks done underneath on the layers below, and they show through (but the roots don't). It's time to do those again.

bethany said:
yeah. I have really dark hair and I didn't want the maintenance hassle of highlights either, so I had white blonde streaks done underneath on the layers below, and they show through (but the roots don't). It's time to do those again.

bethany that sounds really cool......maybe i should look into that.....although since i'm interviewing for jobs at the end of the summer i'm really really trying ot keep my hair a nice, sedate, solid color (it's killing me :Push:smile:

Minnie said:
I am scared of getting highlights because of maintance. I am very busy and won't have time to constantly run to the salon and I don't like th elook as it is growing out. Any options on what I should do?

I am beginning to think highlights are overrated. Not only are they costly but they do take a lot of time to maintain.