Changes in the Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.. I just hit 75 posts today, have been a member since March, but I still can't access the marketplace... any idea why that is? I'm suffering from withdrawal syndroms :lol:

Anyway, apart from that, I totally agree with the new "rule", I think it's fair to everyone and will protect both buyers and sellers :amuse:

Nishi621 said:
I guess I don't understand why we are banned from buying-I totally understand not letting newbies sell-but, why not buy?

Youre not banned, its just certain criteria that needs to be met. Its not like youll never be able to get your shot at the Marketplace. Dont worry, it will fly by in no time! This rule wasnt placed to punish anyone, its been placed to protect new members just as much as long term members, especially since some new members are gullible coming into the forum (I know I was, heh :shame:smile:. Thats the beauty of joining we've learned so much from each other and that includes spotting scammers.

Buyers can be just as deceitful as sellers. It just takes a lot for some one to put trust into some person they only know through the internet, and some times that trust can be taken advantage of.

susan-eric said:
And new buyers can be scammers as well as sellers can be. You have to know who you're selling to as well as who you're buying from and a month is not that long a time--come on!

abandonedimages said:
a shady new member could come along, buy a bag and then later try and sell a replica claiming it was the one they bought from a trustworthy member, you know?

Hi there,

I do appreciate that the moderators are taking steps to control any fraudulent sales. However, I wish that as a new member I could at least look at the Marketplace. I really got a lot of enjoyment just going there (at the WTS section mainly) and seeing all the neat stuff up. I just bought a LV GM Looping, so I am curtailing my spending for a while, but I hope that there's a way that someone like me can look - just look - but, not post any items for sale. Maybe have a requirement where you can't post an item for sale unless you've been a member for x months with x number of posts? I would probably not buy an item from a member who hadn't been here quite a while with a lot of posts, but I am a little overcautious.

I again have never posted in the WTB section, and I do think that protection for that area (especially if members are being spammed) is valid.

I am glad in a sense that I am posting more (because I want to be able to view the WTS section) since otherwise I just kind of lurk when I have a moment or two.

Jean

I understand that this must have been a hard decision, and just wanted to take a quick moment to thank you ALL for all your efforts toward making this a place that I am really enjoying! There are so many incredible people on here and I would hate to have that compromised. Thank you!!

Lets not all ***** and complain to much. Vlad and Megs do not have to have a Marketplace. They are not making money from it. Its a perk to being on this forum. Suck it up....make your posts and bide your time. I would hate for them to say screw it and take it down. The rules are in place to protect everyone. And those of you who are not eligible yet will be thankful for these rules when they protect you.
Thanks again Vlad and Megs!
Selena

I second Selena's post.

I think its a good idea. While it does kinda stink I have to wait to have access to the market place, this board is such a public forum, it is a good way of weeding out sellers with bad intentions. There has to be some control. I'll have to wait it out. (I was getting kind of hooked on the marketplace anyway, it may be good 4 me)

KittyBag said:
I understand that this must have been a hard decision, and just wanted to take a quick moment to thank you ALL for all your efforts toward making this a place that I am really enjoying! There are so many incredible people on here and I would hate to have that compromised. Thank you!!

i second that!

Jeanjeanvaljean said:
Maybe have a requirement where you can't post an item for sale unless you've been a member for x months with x number of posts? I would probably not buy an item from a member who hadn't been here quite a while with a lot of posts, but I am a little overcautious.
Jean

That has been the rule. . . we needed more rules because people were finding loopholes unfortunately.:sad2:
Thanks for the support guys, we appreciate it!:biggrin:

Hey there:

I've read through this thread and understand why this change in requirements must occur (Megs, Vlad, and the moderators--hats off to you for all you do). Using this site is a privelege, not a right.

I've been a member for several months, and have even bought a bag from Marketplace (April, 2006).

My question is, will I be limited in how many posts I can make a day so that I can meet the quota?

Thanks for all the work that you all do. This is really a great place! :smile:

Cheers,

mimspot

I totally support this. Megs and Vlad don't have to allow sales on this forum at all, so it's fairly remarkable that they do. Whatever rules they need to put in place to make it easier for them to administer the forum...I think we should all support and not complain. They are basically offering a free service that other places would charge for. I'd rather see some restrictions/rules than have people become members solely for the purpose of selling or buying here.

As for people who want to just be able to "look" even if they can't buy...that still leaves a loophole for scammers.

So...whatever Megs and Vlad need/want to do as regards this or other aspect of the Forum...I support them.

Status
Not open for further replies.