changed my mind, oops too late,, sniff

lvlady12

Feb 16, 2009
Hello u guys, I just wanted to tell u my story, which for me at least is kind of sad, because i just wanted my first LV experience to be perfect. The thing is that I bought i speedy mono 25 around 8 weeks ago, bt i realized it was kind of small for me, i then decided to go exchange it for a 30, but unfortunately as i have used it before it was pretty much impossible for me to exchange it,, i was really sad when i found out about that coz i did not how their exchange policy worked. To be honest, my bag was in perfect condition,and it was extremelly hard to tell it had been used,, but i guess that the way it is.. Now i want to sell it, and then buy myself the number 30, but since its brand new i know im going to lose a lot of money when i sell it. i just which i had done things right since the very beginning.. have any of u guys gone thru this sad situation before??? or is it just me?,, what did you do then?? thank you for reading!:sad:

I haven't been through your situation but I can understand why you are disappointed. However if you have used the bag you can't really expect LV to exchange it. I wouldn't want to be the person who bought your used bag next. I don't mean to sound harsh but if you weren't sure you maybe shouldn't have used it.

Good luck in selling it. I hope you can get most of your money back :smile:

I haven't been through your situation but I can understand why you are disappointed. However if you have used the bag you can't really expect LV to exchange it. I wouldn't want to be the person who bought your used bag next. I don't mean to sound harsh but if you weren't sure you maybe shouldn't have used it.

Good luck in selling it. I hope you can get most of your money back :smile:
yeah, ITA! maybe you sell it and dont repeat the mistake again. :yes:

Is this kind of post allowed? I posting something similar and got in trouble regarding asking about selling an item that isnt right for me that was too late to return.

Yes that is actually happened a couple times before to me also....I tend to buy whatever catches my eye in the store and after trying it out and carrying the bag a couple times sometimes I change my mind about the size. Happened with my Palermo PM & my Neverfull...and I sold them on eBay, and even though they were in brand new condition i unfortunately lost about $100 on each one, not including the shipping costs and fees...so lately I have decided to plan out my purchases more before buying :shrugs:

i then decided to go exchange it for a 30, but unfortunately as i have used it before it was pretty much impossible for me to exchange it,, i was really sad when i found out about that coz i did not how their exchange policy worked.
Simple you cant return used items, which i think is the policy anywhere. perhaps put your bag on ebay and then use the money to buy a 30.

Is this kind of post allowed? I posting something similar and got in trouble regarding asking about selling an item that isnt right for me that was too late to return.

This is only an issue if the poster wishes to use tPF as a way to advertise that they are selling something. Often we post that selling is not allowed just as a reminder. :yes:

And on that note, just a reminder that selling/trading is not allowed on the board.

OP - it looks like you will have to take the loss here, the best thing to do is just sell and then rebuy the bag if the size really doesn't work for you.

All the time but usually with clothes. We buy it then feel or see that we look a mess or it does not match anything and we are stuck. Usually it ends up at salvation army. Be glad you will get anything back, it will be a couple of 100 lesson.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Try selling on Bonanzle. True, you will lose some money but luckily LVs do retain their value. Just think of it as the $ you lose is probably the same price as renting for that amount of time. Now you know the 30 will be perfect!

Keep both if you can. I have both and love having both sizes. I use the 25 when I am going out to dinner or someplace I want to be a little dressier. It's really cute and doesn't sag. For shopping or daily use, or if I want to carry a magazine or umbrella, I use the 30. To me, the 30 is much more casual due to the sagging and the size of the bag, so I love having the 25.

These sorts of things happen to everyone I reckon, take it as an expensive lesson learnt! At least now you hopefully won't make the same mistake again :smile: Good luck getting the 30!

I frequently buy bags that look gorgeous online, instore, then bring them home and find that they're not me. I don't like returning so I sell them. You take a loss but it's better than settling with a bag you know that you're not in love with. Try selling your bag on Bonanzle since there are no listing fees. Good luck and I hope that you're able to get the Speedy 30!

i think this is why my store has every customer initial or sign near the return policy description.

but hey, it was a learning experience. hopefully you can sell your 25 at a good price and put it towards a 30.