Change this vintage jumbo for a new jumbo?

DoubleW

Dec 17, 2012
Hello ladies,

Been thinking of buying the current jumbo caviar from the stores, and sell this one. What do you think? Must mention this jumbo is 24 carat gold plated, so it might not be the smartest thing to do... The current chanels are no longer gold plated, I've heard, also the caviar is less durable.
Would you keep this vintage or would you rather have the new jumbo?

Attachments

• C1.jpg
    C1.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 1,045
  • C2.jpg
    C2.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 1,000
I have a similar flap in a smaller size in red...it also has the24karat chain....it's so rare it will stay with me forever :smile: Plus this is the much stiffer caviar so it will not lose its shape easily. That said, I do love the current jumbos too and I think they are more user friendly since I feel that my vintage belongs in a museum and I want to preserve it lol....I love it though so if you love yours I'd say keep it and get another jumbo...you can never have too many :smile:

I think it's stunning, and you are right, they don't use the gold plating they used to. You have a more unique bag which is beautiful, so I'd keep the vintage. :smile:

I have a similar flap in a smaller size in red...it also has the24karat chain....it's so rare it will stay with me forever :smile: Plus this is the much stiffer caviar so it will not lose its shape easily. That said, I do love the current jumbos too and I think they are more user friendly since I feel that my vintage belongs in a museum and I want to preserve it lol....I love it though so if you love yours I'd say keep it and get another jumbo...you can never have too many :smile:
Exactly my thoughts! Another vote to keep the vintage!:biggrin:

Btw, how do u know the chain is 24k?

I thought only the cc plate s 22k.... Sorry to hijack a little