Change.org Petition to Change eBays Policy on Buyer Feedack!

AECornell

Mrs. Lawson <3
O.G.
Jul 21, 2008
I'm thinking about starting a change.org petition to get eBay to change their policy on feedback for buyers.

I think we all know how big a problem it is to deal with non-paying bidders, bad eBay buyers, and inconsistent feedback. I am sick of this eBay policy where buyers no longer receive negative feedback. The only way to let others know about eBayers and their negative actions is to leave them positive feedback and write in the comments why they are bad. It's false information for those who aren't looking further into who is buying their item.

I know we all in this section of TPF have dealt with a bad buyer, and it will help so much if we could all sign this, and send it on to all of our friends.

Hopefully we can at least get eBay's attention, in that we are not happy with their policy on positive feedback only for buyers.

So what do you guys think? Is it worth it? Do you think it will do any good? A pipe dream? I found same petitions but they are closed with only a few signatures.

Here another petition I found that sounds like something we complain about:
http://www.change.org/petitions/ebay-change-their-buyer-protection-policy-so-it-is-fair-for-the-sellers-also

Last edited:
I know they said they removed this feature to stop "retaliatory" negatives from sellers who were given bad marks from buyers, but if they would just give sellers a simple objective box to check even for non-paying bidder, that would be a HUGE improvement. Adding another objective box to check for sellers that "rented" or abused the system in any way (such as scamming) would be an even more HUGE improvement. That way, they would not have the "retaliation" they say they didn't want, but it would give sellers a way to inform other sellers about the bad buyers.

It would be super easy to implement such a system.

I know they said they removed this feature to stop "retaliatory" negatives from sellers who were given bad marks from buyers, but if they would just give sellers a simple objective box to check even for non-paying bidder, that would be a HUGE improvement. Adding another objective box to check for sellers that "rented" or abused the system in any way (such as scamming) would be an even more HUGE improvement. That way, they would not have the "retaliation" they say they didn't want, but it would give sellers a way to inform other sellers about the bad buyers.

:goodpost:

I couldn't agree more. Good post.

I'm thinking about starting a change.org petition to get eBay to change their policy on feedback for buyers.

I think we all know how big a problem it is to deal with non-paying bidders, bad eBay buyers, and inconsistent feedback. I am sick of this eBay policy where buyers no longer receive negative feedback. The only way to let others know about eBayers and their negative actions is to leave them positive feedback and write in the comments why they are bad. It's false information for those who aren't looking further into who is buying their item....

Another issue I'm running into now is that buyers simply set their feedback to "private" so then sellers REALLY have no way of knowing... so ITA - this is a great idea, & I'm all for signing a petition!

Even if ebay doesn't make an across-the-board feedback change, I think an easy change to implement would be one that allows sellers to leave non-positive feedback for non-payers.

If an unpaid strike is granted against a buyer, that buyer is one who had ample time to follow through on the transaction and sellers should be allowed to leave feedback. Ebay's software would know that there's a strike and a neg/neutral or comment regarding that would be valid and in no way considered retaliatory.

Have you started the petition? Please post a link if so...

Also, if a seller does leave a positive feedback with negative comments, eBay will remove it. I think sellers are even reprimanded for leaving false positives so that's not even an option