Change of heart

mrscurvy

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
I was considering purchasing a speedy 35 on Ebay since i just recently bought my Estrela from the LV store but after reading the ebay forums i will just pass on the thought and pay the extra money. I cant be bothered with wondering if my bag is real or fake etc. I feel bad for the buyer as well as the seller. My plan was to buy the speedy 35 and sell my 30 but I see its not worth the hassle geesh!

RealHouseWife1

The Universe Guru
O.G.
May 23, 2011
I was also thinking of purchasing a speedy 30 on ebay but am very hestitate. Even with high seller ratings you just never know.

My mother purchased a coach purse from macy's and it turned out to be fake!! Guess someone had returned a fake and my mom ended up with it. After that incident, I only plan on buying from original designer stores!

drspock7

Handbag Connoisseur
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
I was considering purchasing a speedy 35 on Ebay since i just recently bought my Estrela from the LV store but after reading the ebay forums i will just pass on the thought and pay the extra money. I cant be bothered with wondering if my bag is real or fake etc. I feel bad for the buyer as well as the seller. My plan was to buy the speedy 35 and sell my 30 but I see its not worth the hassle geesh!

this is what has deterred me as well. i have been lucky enough to get a few slg's there and have all been authenticated, here and in-store. i just dont risk bags.

Apr 14, 2011
I understand OP, i've always wanted to buy on ebay but after all the horror stories i've heard it just doesn't seem worth it! I'd rather spend the extra few hundred bucks and get a brand new bag knowing it's real without any hassle. I'm more for convenience over money. If i have to spend a little more to get exactly what i want then so be it!

mrscurvy

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
I understand OP, i've always wanted to buy on ebay but after all the horror stories i've heard it just doesn't seem worth it! I'd rather spend the extra few hundred bucks and get a brand new bag knowing it's real without any hassle. I'm more for convenience over money. If i have to spend a little more to get exactly what i want then so be it!

Totally how I feel!

janetr

Dec 8, 2007
There is something really fun and special about getting a brand new LV either from their store or LV online. The vachetta is so pristine, you get to break it in yourself. I'm sure there are deals to be had on pre-loved Lvs, but I like being the 'first' owner of my LVs. I have bought pre-loved Coach and other brands and was happy with them.Fortunatly I haven't been burned like some have.

kcunning

Addict
Mar 23, 2008
Ive been burned on the bay -- and as much as I HATE Paypal, they saved me from losing 500 bucks on an azur speedy last year. That day I went to LV and purchased it new - and didnt mind spending a couple hundred more. I would check out ann's fabulous finds - she had authentic and you can do lay away!!

Dec 17, 2010
I was concerned about buying pre-LVoed at first too. But after being on the forums and having my bags authenticated I'm ok with it. I prefer to buy on bonanza because you avoid the bidding frenzy. For me the boutique experience isn't exciting enough for me to continue buying new. Some of the SAs are rude or just ignore you (I live in LA) so after buying two brand new bags I don't feel a need to buy new anymore. I guess for me "the thrill is gone" in regards to the boutique. I check bonanza & consignment shops online regularly.

The plus of buying only at the boutique is that you develop a relationship with your SA which means easier repairs, birthday cards and possibly VIP gifts.

GearGirly

Oct 28, 2010
I've tried ebay twice, once for a bag that I loved that is over $2,000 in the store, and when I tried it on it looked terrible on me so I couldn't justify the price. Once for something in damier because it seems hard to mess up damier. The damier (it was a papillon 30) is perfect, the limited bag is not. I should have returned it to the seller, but instead I spent tons of time cleaning it and trying to get her perfume smell out. It did get pretty clean besides one large spot on the vachetta strap, but nothing will take out the perfume smell. I won't even put my SLGs inside because I am afraid they will smell. I don't want to sell this bag to someone else, so I gave it to my babysitter, I'm glad I could give her such a nice gift because she has been wonderful to my family, but it made me realize I really need to be careful about what I choose, and that it has to be near perfect, like the ebene bag.

Mar 31, 2011
I buy my bags at the LV stores and eventually sell them through Ebay. I have the receipts, tags, dust bags, box, etc. I don't smoke, and my bags are in well cared for condition. I don't keep a pen inside, so no marks. I have always had happy buyers and I think it's a great way to buy/sell vintage LV.