Chanels - stand or laying...???

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I know there have been MANY threads on how tpf'ers store their beloved Chanels; stuffed, unstuffed, box, no box, by color, by size, etc., etc.

My question here is to determine, not how you prepare to store them, but simply to get an idea of the number of "stands" vs. "lays" by leather type.

For instance:

1. Caviar Leather - Stand Up or Lay Down

2. Lamb (other leathers) - Stand Up or Lay Down

I tend to:

1. Lay - but for space sake would like to stand, however I worry that bags will slouch at sides from weight of bag (even being stuffed).:Push:

2. Lay - I worry that lamb bags will get flat spots / deflate from laying down, so I am tempted to stand them however I worry that bags will slouch at sides from weight of bag (even being stuffed). But again for space would like to stand.:Push:

One week, I am obsessed with laying, then I start to worry and stand them all, but then again, start to obsess...another thing about standing up next to each other is the hardware (making sure it does not press into the bag next to it and leave indents. :rolleyes: This cycle of obsession should be enough to keep me from shopping...hahaha:P I am too darn busy rearranging my bags.

So what do you do with yours???

2. Stand up for both :smile: stuffed and in the dustbag of course..
    if possible i also like to store them in temperature controled closets with dust free condition....... oh ooops have i gone overboard? :whistle:

3. I have a reissue flap on I have it laying on its back because I do not want the chain to leave marks on the bag. The SA told me I should be placing the chain inside the bag and sitting it upright. Will that leave marks on the inside? I don't know.... I'm treating the bag like it is human!

4. I have a caviar GST and I keep it stuffed and lay it down because I dont want it to loose its shape

5. I pull the chains on my flaps inside for storage. I get far more annoyed by external denting than anything going on inside the purse (especially considering I toss my keys in there without a second thought).

I put everything in their respective dustbags & set them upright gently leaning against each other - not jammed together. For bags out of rotation, I put them in their dustbags & place them in their boxes. I lay the boxes on top of each other with the label/sticker facing outwards so I can locate specific bags if I need them.

The ironic part of this storage system is that I can find the bags out of rotation as I can see what is where versus a bunch of Chanel dustbags of varying sizes containing who-knows-what :shrugs:

6. i stuff my bags with soft tissue to maintain the shape, put it into its dust bag, and then inside the box, and have the boxes stacked up on top of one anoher.

7. So, it appears we have:

Lay = 4.5
    Stand = 1.5

So, much for the thought of standing my bags to get more space. And of course the concept of buying fewer bags - :wtf:.

Well, this BAN will help. Now, back to obsessing.....:thinking:

8. I'm SUPER anal with my bags. I stuff my flaps with tissue, put the felt back to protect the flap from being stained by the chains, place them in their dustbags and lay them down on my carpeted guest room floor. For the caviar jumbos, I pull the chains inside for storage. For my 227's, I wrap the chains with tissue and keep them stored outside the bag. Ridiculous, I know, but I have OCD when it comes to keeping my bags as pristine as possible. :smile:

9. I would lay down both lamb and caviar. I lay down my PST because they tend to dent at the sides if they are stored standing up, which mine has.

10. I so know what you mean! I do this too! with much passion...

11. I keep all my bags stuffed and upright (standing) in their dust bags. I have found if I lay them, the bottoms of the bags can puff out a bit, so by keeping them upright the bottoms stay flat.

12. The ironic part of this storage system is that I can find the bags out of rotation as I can see what is where versus a bunch of Chanel dustbags of varying sizes containing who-knows-what :shrugs:[/QUOTE]

i put stickers onto the dustbag to identification purposes. they dun stick that well so what i did was put cello-tape onto the sticker/paper then staple it.

13. I keep my flaps standing upright, my totes and my GST lying on its side, all in their dustbags. Seems to work so far:smile:

14. I stuffed my flap bags with soft tissues and i prefered them to be standing upright too :smile:

15. Well, I only have one Chanel (a Flap) and I stuff her with tissues and lay her in the dustbag in the beautiful Chanel box.