Chanel's answer to silver versus gold hardware

[B said:
Jayne1[/B];4545374]I like to wear mixed gold... my Cartier jewellery is like that.

HOWEVER, on a Chanel bag, I'm not so sure. It could be messier than I prefer.

Same with me here,I can think of Cartier and watches like mentioned above which combine two or three different shades of gold or steel with gold etc.
This is how I'd like to imagine it to be ...cause I also think of some other combos on some bags which are really gross !
Certainly we will have to wait and see and then it's also the shade of the colour the bags will have and how they'll look together with the hardware.!
Anyway thanks to Jmen for sharing with us :yes:..one thing I'm sure of is that it's becoming a ...headacke already lol!But I still trust Karl ...:wlae:

Mixed hardware....sounds weird to me....i rather they come out in all silver or all gold.....as i heard the purple reissue will turn out to be gorgeous, never think that they are exploring the hardware combo.

I remain a skeptic on this and like a lot of you have mentioned it's a wait and see. It's always a matter of the presentation; i.e, how it is executed. My wedding band is primarily platinum but it has a yellow gold thin strip that gradually swirls through the band. It's hard to describe but believe me it's pretty and unique. The designers also offered it in the yellow gold band with the platinum swirl. The execution/presentation works beautifully in this instance.

When Anthony told me, my brain jumped to what -- silver chain, gold lock or the reverse? If the silver and gold were mixed in the chain, it just might be pretty cool as well as negate the issue of the purse's hardware clashing with our jewelry preferences. Indra, from Tysons, should be calling me today and I'll ask if she has any additional info on this and whether this is going to be the offering on all the s/s reissues. (Where are those dang lookbooks!!!!)

[B said:
jmen[/B];4549102]I remain a skeptic on this and like a lot of you have mentioned it's a wait and see. It's always a matter of the presentation; i.e, how it is executed. My wedding band is primarily platinum but it has a yellow gold thin strip that gradually swirls through the band. It's hard to describe but believe me it's pretty and unique. The designers also offered it in the yellow gold band with the platinum swirl. The execution/presentation works beautifully in this instance.

When Anthony told me, my brain jumped to what -- silver chain, gold lock or the reverse? If the silver and gold were mixed in the chain, it just might be pretty cool as well as negate the issue of the purse's hardware clashing with our jewelry preferences. Indra, from Tysons, should be calling me today and I'll ask if she has any additional info on this and whether this is going to be the offering on all the s/s reissues. (Where are those dang lookbooks!!!!)

Oh Jmen thanks so much!:smile: I really wanted to ask about the rest of the reissues too or whether it will be on the metallics only or on all of them!I really can't wait!
I've called boutiques in 4 neighbouring countries since morning lol -they're close enough like visiting different states hehe-and all they knew was about the croco reissue!:hysteric:I didn't call the local as I plan to visit it soon but they didn't know anything about 2 weeks ago !
Since you posted the info I keep on dreaming something like what you described on your ring!:drool:Where is the that Chanel fairy??lol!;)

Hello All

Just a little misunderstanding. The Black Metalic 2.55 is the only style coming with gold and silver hardware. The other styles are only coming with silver or gold hardware not both. I work for the Bellagio as well and I talked with Anthoney and he was just listing the colors the 2.55 was coming in. He mentioned that black was coming in the gold and silver hardware and i think through that hole process there was some miscommunication. If anyone has any other questions let me know.

Jason

^ Hi Jason! :smile: So you're saying that the metallic black reissue that will be re-released will be offered with both h/w's (two different bags each with either silver or gold, or you're saying a mix of both on the chain, like the OP was referring to)? :confused1: Also, every reissue that is supposed to come out (metallic red, purple, blue, pewter, etc.) will be offered with EITHER gold h/w or silver h/w? :confused1: I can't begin to imagine a pewter bag with gold h/w (total mismatch IMO), but is that what you're saying... that it is a potential option?

I am not a big fan of two tone or tri colored jewelry - except in the case of my Cartier rolling ring ... on a bag, I would have to see it first, you never know, it might be spectacular...