Chanel Zippy Wallet

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just purchased a Chanel wallet from the Chanel counter and Saks in Richmond, VA and noticed that she didn't include the tag.

If I was thinking about returning it, would it be a hassle to return it to a Saks that doesn't have a Chanel counter?

Also, how do you guys feel about it? I love it so much, but I'm scared that I'm going to scratch the Lambskin leather.

PS: Is this color from Spring/Summer 2014? Is this new? Sorry for all the questions, Chanel newbie here.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1396534815.673146.jpg

2. This is calf skin, not lamb. It's also gorgeous.

3. Thanks! Do you know what kind of calf skin it is? I know there's like distressed and aged?

4. Calf is made from cow. They can treat the skin many ways, from pressing it into patterns (caviar, which is pebbled pattern) to distressing and other things such as glazing or putting a layer on top for patent leather. Calf is calf. It's one of the sturdiest leathers out there. You shouldn't have to worry about the calf on that leather good. The thing that will go before the leather is the stitching. I don't know what the thread is, but probably a polyester or cotton coated polyester as most threads are made of this (just look next time you're in a fabric store). Hope this helps.

Oh, and yes, it's new for this season.

5. It's lovely, as a matter of fact I'm looking for one. Do you mind sharing the price? TIA

6. This literally just helped me out so much! Thanks again.

I know you said that the skins can be treating in many ways, but how was the skin treated on this wallet? Obviously it's not Caviar or putting a layer on top for patent leather.

I wish the SA would've told me more about it!

Thanks again!

7. It's just regular calf. Plain dyed cow with the stitching on top. As I said, the stitching will likely wear out before the leather ever will. Often the SA's don't know as much as people here do, so it's great to have tpf as a reference! :smile:

8. I had a question is there a difference between caviar and calf?

9. Caviar is a subset of calf. It's a pebbled calf.

10. I purchased it from Saks for $500 before tax.

Good luck!

11. Tutu you are a wealth of chanel knowledge!! Thank you so much for sharing them with all of us here on the forum.

12. You are so very welcome. We all learn by reading and sharing! :smile: