Chanel XXL Airline Flap

anuy

Dec 10, 2007
Hello everyone!

Is the Chanel XXL a seasonal piece or a considered a "classic flap"? I have not seen it included in the "list" of seasonal flaps but I keep seeing pics of them (inside of a store) pop up on IG for sale from personal shoppers. Has anyone purchased one recently? Trying to locate one but my SA said he hasn't seen one in his store in awhile. Thanks!

pacificagal

Dec 15, 2012
Bay Area
They are available. I was in the same boat and thought it was a one time item but performed research and discovered it still exists. I purchased mine last year from Hirshleifers. Although it did take several months after placing the order probably due to COVID (I am guessing). I was also in boutique recently and swore I saw one there on display.

Jun 13, 2006
They are available. I was in the same boat and thought it was a one time item but performed research and discovered it still exists. I purchased mine last year from Hirshleifers. Although it did take several months after placing the order probably due to COVID (I am guessing). I was also in boutique recently and swore I saw one there on display.
Hi, Can you tell me what colour you got.? Also if you had a code. I really want to get one..!

pacificagal

Dec 15, 2012
Bay Area
Hi, Can you tell me what colour you got.? Also if you had a code. I really want to get one..!
Hi Birkin Girl:

The Chanel Style # is A91169. Dimensions are 11"x18"x6". I ordered in Black. It was a pre-fall item ordered last May, 2020 and received in August 2020. Also, please note that the original XXL flaps had the back pocket with an opening on the bottom so you can slide it over your luggage handle and it won't budge while going through the airport. They eliminated the slide through pocket and so it is a regular pocket instead. It didn't bother me. I hope that helps and good luck.

May 7, 2020
Has anyone seen the xxl recently in a store in US?
I know you were asking for the US but I hope this helps nonetheless:

I got an xxl in London about a month ago. So they are around. I contacted the biggest Chanel boutique that was near to me and they were able to tell me where the bag was located. So I would suggest doing that if you are interested. It saved me a lot of time.

Reactions: salal04

salal04

Aug 31, 2020
I know you were asking for the US but I hope this helps nonetheless:

I got an xxl in London about a month ago. So they are around. I contacted the biggest Chanel boutique that was near to me and they were able to tell me where the bag was located. So I would suggest doing that if you are interested. It saved me a lot of time.
Thank you! Still helpful. What color were you able to get? Would love to see a pic if possible :biggrin: Could you also share the code if possible so that I can let my SA know? Thank you so much again!

May 7, 2020
Thank you! Still helpful. What color were you able to get? Would love to see a pic if possible :biggrin: Could you also share the code if possible so that I can let my SA know? Thank you so much again!
I haven’t taken any photos with it yet! But the code is; AS1978B0351094305 and I got it in black with ruthenium hardware

Reactions: salal04