Chanel won't sell a bag without auth card?

ambrosered

O.G.
Jan 8, 2007
I found a bag I've been looking for for a while (haven't been able to find it anywhere else) at a Chanel store, but it's missing the auth card, and they say they won't sell it. Has anyone else encountered this? I get it, but it's very frustrating! I'm wondering if there's any way around it... thanks for your thoughts in advance!

ItsPurseonal

Jan 2, 2020
I found a bag I've been looking for for a while (haven't been able to find it anywhere else) at a Chanel store, but it's missing the auth card, and they say they won't sell it. Has anyone else encountered this? I get it, but it's very frustrating! I'm wondering if there's any way around it... thanks for your thoughts in advance!
Is it a mini reissue? I purchased one about a month ago and realized when I unboxed it that it didn't have an authenticity card, so I returned it.

Unless it's your absolute dream bag and there is no chance of EVER finding another one, I'd let this one go without putting up a fight. A huge part of buying the bag brand new is that it comes with everything.

Reactions: Glitterbomb and fdc

ambrosered

O.G.
Jan 8, 2007
No, it's not a reissue. Yeah makes sense, just a big bummer! Good point though about it being returned, which is not what i'd want. I guess they can't issue a new card for it?

ItsPurseonal

Jan 2, 2020
No, it's not a reissue. Yeah makes sense, just a big bummer! Good point though about it being returned, which is not what i'd want. I guess they can't issue a new card for it?
My SA said her manager had reached out "to Paris" and that they could create a new card for it, but it honestly seemed really far-fetched to me and she was also skeptical. Maybe others have more experience with it, but I would say probably not.

lallybelle

O.G.
Jan 28, 2009
NYC
My SA said her manager had reached out "to Paris" and that they could create a new card for it, but it honestly seemed really far-fetched to me and she was also skeptical. Maybe others have more experience with it, but I would say probably not.
I've only heard of one case of this happening. Normally Chanel will not do this. HOWEVER in this case the bag never came with the card. It wasn't lost etc. Just never was put there by Paris.

If the store contacted Paris and let them know they never had it, as in never issued at all, it is possible they told them they could do it.

Sep 3, 2017
New York, New York
Not true...I was sold one and wasn’t happy about it. I returned it but before I did I called chanel corporate and while they said they prefer stores not to lose the card, sometimes it happens and it’s no problem (for them but it was a problem for me).