Chanel WOC or small Deauville tote?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am so undecided I know both bags are completely different but in same price range I want to spend right now.
    I already have a GST, an in the business tote, a large o case, a Le Marais coated canvas flap from Chanel. I wonder if the Deauville tote will be kind of seasonal and eventually out of style any input is much appreciated..

2. It would really depend on what you'd use more. I have a WOC that I really don't use but I know there's a lot of people who use and love them. Im keeping it for now cause I want to keep 1 in my collection but I don't find a need for another. I just purchased the Deauville tote because I love denim and it such a light weight easy tote to use. It's very casual so I don't plan on using it to work. I think you can use the GST to work and the Deauville on your days off. If I coukd only have one, I'd personally get the Deauville.

3. I agree, depends on what you really need and see yourself getting the most use out of. I love all of my WOC's because I need to be hands free and feel like my items are secure close to my body. I mainly use them for errands and with the kids. I like the Deauville tote but haven't brought myself to by one as I wonder how well it keeps it shape when items are inside, no matter the material-looks as though the corners will show wear and dirt, if I really would use it that much for fear of messing up the material and if I can see me using it for years to come. Although I like the look a lot, those are the reasons I haven't bit the bullet to buy yet. I have 6 WOC's so I obviously find I use them a lot. Hope my perspective helped somewhat.

4. I am also a collector of WOCs. The Deauville tote will fray in the corners but it's totally personal taste. Like others have said, it totally depends on your needs and preferences.
    I use my WOCs in my large totes as a wallet that I take out and use as a cross body when I'm going into the store etc. and leave the tote in the car. I have lost count of how many I have.

CATEYES likes this.
  5. Interesting perspective what holds me back is if it will still be instyle in the next couple of years compared to a woc which is classic

6. If I could I would get both and use the woc and put in large tote my main concern is if it will look outdated in a couple of years, I tend to mostly buy classic styles since I don't have a huge budget to justify seasonal styles

7. the deauville certainly looks more seasonal than a classic WOC

8. @simone72 did you reach any decision? I am in the exact situation. If I go for impulse shopping I would buy the Deauville tote. If I think rational and long term- and eventually will buy it- will get the WoC!! Just that the Deauville is a head turner especially in summer. Not sure about quality.

9. Have you seen it in black leather it's beautiful

10. I'd get the WOC. I own two and love them and use them a lot. Good luck choosing!

11. I'm also favoriting the woc.

12. I would get the woc. I love wocs so I'm totally biased. It's nice to be hands free (especially with kids).

13. I think I'm going to get a wallet on chain I really like the new navy boy one but that one is not crossbody it has a shorter chain.

Elsbeth_ likes this.
  14. I would definitely get a cross body one; please do a reveal when you get yours :smile:

15. I own both and was cautious about the deauville but looking at some that have been around for years and after a lot of the use the condition is still excellent. I use my WOC for running errands or going out somewhere not much is required but the deauville for carrying those extra items and travelling.