Chanel WOC Classic Crooked

IMG_3652.jpg
Hi guys, purchased my first Chanel item (after the price increase unfortunately) and received a crooked classic WOC (the flap). I measured it and it is 0.5 cm higher on one side than the other. When I took it back to Chanel, the sales associate told me that it should have never been sold in the first place. Wondering if you had similar experiences with Chanel items.

Hi there! I am not sure if I see the problem you are talking about from the photo above, but I have seen a number of crooked flaps released in recent years. I turned one down in Chicago for that very reason. The leather and stitching on the bag that I saw was otherwise perfect. Some SA's have claimed that "with use" the flap will even out, but I haven't tried this. As I study the photo you posted, I think I can see what you are talking about now. Honestly, had I not really studied it, I wouldn't have noticed. Did you exchange for a new one? Hope you find one that makes you happy!

Reactions: averyyj
Hi and congrats! I purchased a classic WOC last weekend and one of the ones available also had a crooked flap. I showed the SA helping me and she agreed so she put it away and showed me the other ones to choose from. I asked to see it again to compare them all one last time but she told me I shouldn't buy that one because it's crooked and didn't bring it back out. I hope you managed to exchange for a new one!

Hi! I think also is a bit crooked. Like lower on the right and higher on the left. Not too noticeable IMO. I just bought a second hand jumbo and it also has the same problem. I just created a post about it.

Hi there! I am not sure if I see the problem you are talking about from the photo above, but I have seen a number of crooked flaps released in recent years. I turned one down in Chicago for that very reason. The leather and stitching on the bag that I saw was otherwise perfect. Some SA's have claimed that "with use" the flap will even out, but I haven't tried this. As I study the photo you posted, I think I can see what you are talking about now. Honestly, had I not really studied it, I wouldn't have noticed. Did you exchange for a new one? Hope you find one that makes you happy!
Hi yes, it is difficult to capture in photos, but was pretty obvious in person as the second time I went in and as soon as the salesperson saw it she was like they should have never sold that and should have caught it when wrapping up the bag. I was able to get another GHW Caviar WOC thankfully! I noticed when I stuffed the bag it did become less noticeable, but when you’re paying $3800 CAD you want close to perfection aha :smile:

Reactions: luckylove
Hi yes, it is difficult to capture in photos, but was pretty obvious in person as the second time I went in and as soon as the salesperson saw it she was like they should have never sold that and should have caught it when wrapping up the bag. I was able to get another GHW Caviar WOC thankfully! I noticed when I stuffed the bag it did become less noticeable, but when you’re paying $3800 CAD you want close to perfection aha :smile:

I am so happy they were able to exchange it for you right away! Congratulations on your new WOC! I completely agree... at these prices, it should be perfect!