Chanel with thread coming out....

Oct 17, 2006
ladies,
i got my chanel medium caviar flap bag last month. its still new in the box, but i did notice that one of the strings on the bottom is coming out. can i go back and exchange it? i got it over the phone from nyc so i didn't have to pay tax...now i'm in california, i want to exchange for the exact same thing, but do i need to pay tax if i go exchange it? thx

I am afraid I cannot help you because I am in UK I just wanted to ssay I have your exact bag and that happened to me, I did not bother excange it however I am pretty sure they would exchange it for you. If you call them up and find out their store policy that should be some help x

You should call the shop you purchased from and they can put you in touch with the right person at your local shop for an exchange (without paying tax, I think). Whatever you do, don't try to fix it yourself!

Just do an open exchange. Bring your receipt and bag to the local Chanel. I am sure they will send it for repair, or exchange the new one. You don't even need to call NYC chanel and shouldn't pay any tax.

You may have to pay the tax difference even w/ an even exchange (same item).

I exchanged a brand new luxe bowler I bought via the phone with no tax from NM once for the exact same bowler as there was issues w/ the chain but the system would not allow the SA to do the exchange without charging/accounting for the tax difference. I don't know how it works at the boutiques as it was not an "even" exchange with the tax discrepancy.