Chanel with outline stitching vs no stitching?

missk_140

Dec 13, 2016
Hi! I'm currently looking forward to purchasing a square mini but as I was browsing through pictures, I notice that some of the bags had a stitching that outlines the flap and some does not. I'm a little bit confused so I was wondering if anyone can explain it to me. Is one a newer style than the other? Also, if any of you own the chanel square mini, do you think it's worth it? Thanks :smile: I insert pics as reference to show that one has the stitching and the other does not.
Screen shot 2017-04-14 at 9.00.57 AM.png Screen shot 2017-04-14 at 9.14.50 AM.png

Reactions: Acctt

LuvChanel55

Jul 31, 2014
Certain seasons CHANEL will put outline stitching on caviar bags. The ones with outline stitching are usually a harder standing caviar versus the ones that don't are usually softer. Nothing wrong with either one but personally I like the look of outline stitching on caviar bags.

missk_140

Dec 13, 2016
Certain seasons CHANEL will put outline stitching on caviar bags. The ones with outline stitching are usually a harder standing caviar versus the ones that don't are usually softer. Nothing wrong with either one but personally I like the look of outline stitching on caviar bags.
Thanks for explaining! I guess i'll look into the one with the stitching as I also like it a little better since it looks neater :smile:

yinnie

O.G.
Apr 19, 2008
I have 3 square minis (haha so yes I love square minis!) and the 2 caviar ones both have a stitch outline. Both are were pre owned so I'm not sure of which collection these were released. The lamb does not have the stitching.
Going by your pics I also prefer the mini with stitching [emoji1360]