Chanel white classic flap caviar shine issue

Ziyi Peng

Apr 16, 2015
I just got this beauty from the 20s collection. I used a spray and conditioned it. However, under the sun it appears to be fine, but when I turned on my indoor closet lighting the iridescent shine on the leather is much more dull on the front bottom part of the bag compared to the rest. Now I don’t remember if this is the way the bag is suppose to be, or if I somehow ruined the shine. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

Sushibunny

Dec 1, 2018
Still looks beautiful either way! Can't tell at all.I wouldn't suggest trying to remove it it could make it worse. I remember when I tried to spray protectant on my bag, it still got color transfer and I tried to clean it off and it messed up the grain of the leather. I would just leave it on and hopeful it'll wear down over time.

Reactions: Ziyi Peng

nashpoo

O.G.
Feb 4, 2010
I have the same bag and mine doesn't look like that so it was probably the spray. I don't think there's much you can do to fix it without maybe making it worse. It's hardly noticeable so I'd just leave it! Enjoy your bag!!

vivy_tran

Jul 29, 2019
ban island
I just got this beauty from the 20s collection. I used a spray and conditioned it. However, under the sun it appears to be fine, but when I turned on my indoor closet lighting the iridescent shine on the leather is much more dull on the front bottom part of the bag compared to the rest. Now I don’t remember if this is the way the bag is suppose to be, or if I somehow ruined the shine. Any advice would be appreciated.
Hm, it does look a little shiny under the indoor light. I think it looks fine under sunlight though. At this point, I wouldn’t do anything else to the bag since I’d be too afraid to ruin the leather. Btw, I just purchased the EXACT same bag (20S small white caviar w/ champagne hardware) a few hours ago and I’m soooo ecstatic! Bag twins!! :biggrin: Enjoy your beautiful bag :flowers:

Dec 4, 2018
looks beautiful and still has a sheen. I have a light colored chanel and it looks like yours. Don't touch it anymore and enjoy it! I use the natural oils of my hands to condition it.

Ziyi Peng

Apr 16, 2015
I have the same bag and mine doesn't look like that so it was probably the spray. I don't think there's much you can do to fix it without maybe making it worse. It's hardly noticeable so I'd just leave it! Enjoy your bag!!
I know for sure that the bag came in with an all over sheen, but I just don’t remember if the bottom front was more dull compared to the rest of the bag before i applied the spray and conditioner. I took several photos before treating the bag.

Attachments

Ziyi Peng

Apr 16, 2015
Co
Hm, it does look a little shiny under the indoor light. I think it looks fine under sunlight though. At this point, I wouldn’t do anything else to the bag since I’d be too afraid to ruin the leather. Btw, I just purchased the EXACT same bag (20S small white caviar w/ champagne hardware) a few hours ago and I’m soooo ecstatic! Bag twins!! :biggrin: Enjoy your beautiful bag :flowers:
Congratulations! I love this bag! I would have left it the way it was but I was too scared of color transfer.

Ziyi Peng

Apr 16, 2015
I don’t usually treat my other chanel bags. I didn’t intend on conditioning this bag until I saw that the collonil carbon pro spray made the leather a bit stiff so I decided to put some moisture back in the leather.