Chanel White 2.55 Options!!

LitaRichards

Dec 1, 2011
So here's the story. One of my best friend who I've been best friends with since we were in elementary school has been having a rough couple years. Her husband owned a couple of really successful car dealerships and had a bad time when the economy went down and had to close his doors. It was bad. They lost half of everything they had.
Anyway, I was talking on the phone with her during Christmas and one of our favorite things to talk about is fashion and she said she would kill to get a white Chanel 2.55 (the medium 10"). So it got me thinking and I really want to buy one for her and surprise her. She deserves it more than anyone I can think of. The thing is there are so many options.
Do I get it in lambskin or caviar? Gold or silver hardware?
What do you guys think? If you were going to be surprised what would be your DREAM white Chanel 2.55 bag have?

That IS really thoughtful of you!

For the hardware, think of what jewelry she wears a lot. Her preference for the gold or silver chain would likely be reflected in her choice of jewelry.

As for caviar vs lambskin, I personally prefer caviar as most people do particularly for its "durability". However, your choice may be limited to what's actually available. You seriously can't go wrong either way. She's still going to love the gift!!

i vote for caviar and SHW.

IMO it is easier to wear gold jewellery with SHW than the other way round.

also, like in the other posts, i would consider what jewellery she wears the most and go with that.

so very sweet of you...

What a thoughtful friend!

If available, I vote caviar and whatever hardware you believe she will prefer. I wear all platinum jewelry and always prefer SHW. If she's a gold person, then I would vote gold.

I know they have white classic flaps out this season in caviar, but I'm not a 2.55 person....so I don't know what your options are. Maybe someone else will weigh in.

Another vote for caviar and silver. I think she will get a lot of use out of this combination. The reason why I chose silver over gold is because white tends to look good with winter colors like black, navy, and grey. Gold, on the other hand has a warm tone to it and hence logically I prefer the cool tone to go together :smile: