Chanel White 2.55 Options!!

Another vote for caviar (purely because of durability) and gold hardware. Either black, white or beige clair caviar M/L with gold hardware is simply STUNNING!!

I would choose lambskin if the lambskin is anything like the vintage flap but too bad it isn't.

Since the M/L is a smaller bag, it is more suitable for evening use and I personally think gold hardware will stand out better than silver in the evening.

But whatever it is you choose for her, I know she will be happy! She can also exchange it to other color combination if she wants to with the gift receipt.

It is truly thoughtful of you and she is lucky to have a friend like you.

I would suggest caviar in white since it's such a high maintenance color already, and lambskin would make it more difficult to take care of. I think that hardware is a personal preference depending on her overall style and what type of jewelry she wears, and what type of color coordinations she prefers. I'm usually a gold hardware girl, but I like the white with silver hardware the best. Also, you may be limited in your choices once you start shopping for the purse because they aren't very easy to find, but you'll know it's the right one when you find it. You're very sweet to do this for her, and I think she will just be so overwhelmed by your love and generosity that the details of the bag won't matter, and she could always exchange it if she has something else in mind. Good luck!

This is one of my current favs as well, but I think it's a bit more risky for the general population than white caviar with SHW.

Like others have said, I'd think about what jewelry she wears, and if it's a mix, I'd go with whatever you can find! :smile:

Oh, you are so sweet! In my opinion, white caviar with GHW is the best combination.

So here's the story. One of my best friend who I've been best friends with since we were in elementary school has been having a rough couple years. Her husband owned a couple of really successful car dealerships and had a bad time when the economy went down and had to close his doors. It was bad. They lost half of everything they had.
Anyway, I was talking on the phone with her during Christmas and one of our favorite things to talk about is fashion and she said she would kill to get a white Chanel 2.55 (the medium 10"). So it got me thinking and I really want to buy one for her and surprise her. She deserves it more than anyone I can think of. The thing is there are so many options.
Do I get it in lambskin or caviar? Gold or silver hardware?
What do you guys think? If you were going to be surprised what would be your DREAM white Chanel 2.55 bag have?
You are relly a very special friend. If i were you I would have a casual conversation about fashion. You mentioned she loves to talk about fashion. In this conversation I would talk about the flap she likes and let her believe this conversation is just like the many that you guys have had over time. Don't forget to let us know how everthing turns out. You must do a reveal. Again you are so very special. GOD BLESS.:smile:

You are relly a very special friend. If i were you I would have a casual conversation about fashion. You mentioned she loves to talk about fashion. In this conversation I would talk about the flap she likes and let her believe this conversation is just like the many that you guys have had over time. Don't forget to let us know how everthing turns out. You must do a reveal. Again you are so very special. GOD BLESS.:smile:
Thanks again everyone! Unfortunately I didn't have time for a reveal. I got the bag and they wrapped it very nicely for me and I had it overnight shipped to her home state.
The bag itself was beautiful (like anyone could expect anything less)! I got it in white caviar with silver hardware, taking into consideration her metal color prefferences. I remembered she tends to wear mostly silver (mainly because her wedding ring is silver) it was perfect. I got the "small/medium" the 10" she was talking about. Gorgeous! I couldn't help slipping in a little note into the back pocket. :blush::P
My stomach is churning in eagerness and excitement. I can't wait for it to arrive!
I hope she loves it!

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't had time to reply and update you all. I went on vacation and just got back so I thought I'd tell you all how it went. :smile:
She said she got the package and set it down on the table not carrying or knowing what it was or who it was from so she opened it 2 hours later. :P
She said she opened it and didn't open the Chanel box yet and texted me "I'm hyperventilating.":lol:
She opened it and called me back 10 seconds later screaming. She couldn't believe it. She was so happy. She said I made her year!
So happy she got it and she loved it! She says the hardware was a perfect choice and I asked her if she would of rather had it in white lambskin rather than caviar and she said that any choice of leather is perfect as long as it's Chanel.
So happy she got it!!!!! :heart:
Just want to say thanks again to all your replies for helping me choose what type of leather and hardware. Thanks a bunch! :heart::heart::heart: