Chanel warranty and quality

Le beda

Apr 19, 2017
Please quide me where I can find written warranty or guarantee policy for leather handbags or anything I can do.I recently purchased a handbag which started to deteriorate after just 2 times of usage.It started to show 2 very obvious lines on a front flap.I brought it to the boutique and they sent it for an evaluation.One month passed they returned it without any written explanation verbally stating that it is normal wear and tear.They told me that the only one thing they can do is a courtesy repair.Another month passed and they called me telling it is ready.I went to pick it up and it is still showing those lines.No return or exchange was offered.I used this bag very gently and I considered it as a manufacturer defect.
I paid almost $4000 for this bag and feel very upset and angry.They refused to provide written warranty ,refused to accommodate me in any way.What is it,Chanel does not stand behind the quality any more?

Attachments

• IMG_9322.JPG
    IMG_9322.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 937
  • IMG_9321.JPG
    IMG_9321.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 939
  • IMG_9320.JPG
    IMG_9320.JPG
    232.5 KB · Views: 936
Please quide me where I can find written warranty or guarantee policy for leather handbags or anything I can do.I recently purchased a handbag which started to deteriorate after just 2 times of usage.It started to show 2 very obvious lines on a front flap.I brought it to the boutique and they sent it for an evaluation.One month passed they returned it without any written explanation verbally stating that it is normal wear and tear.They told me that the only one thing they can do is a courtesy repair.Another month passed and they called me telling it is ready.I went to pick it up and it is still showing those lines.No return or exchange was offered.I used this bag very gently and I considered it as a manufacturer defect.
I paid almost $4000 for this bag and feel very upset and angry.They refused to provide written warranty ,refused to accommodate me in any way.What is it,Chanel does not stand behind the quality any more?
I don’t think any luxury brand provides written warranty on its handbags. Most offer free repairs or exchanges if the bag shows premature wear and tear or has a manufacturing defect. Apparently, Chanel doesn’t consider your bag to fall into either of these categories.

I’m going to be the oddball who says that doesn’t look normal.....I had a small business affinity and the flap never did this. It almost looks deflated. If it’s ‘normal wear and tear’ from opening the flap, shouldn’t the wrinkle be on the top where it actually folds like classic flaps? Assuming of course you’re not bending the front when opening (which I’m sure you wouldn’t do).

I think this bag looks terrible for a bag that’s been used twice. But i agree with pp that I don’t think Chanel has a written warranty policy, which wouldn’t help you anyway since they’ve determined it’s normal wear and tear. I would be upset too if a 4000 dollar bag looked like this after a coupe uses.