Chanel Wallet's

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have recently fallen in love with a handful of Chanel wallets.:dothewave:
    I have a couple questions about Chanel Wallet.
    -Is the quality of the leather durable
    -Are they practical?
    -Is the WOC (Wallet Of Chain) worth getting
    -What Chanel Wallet do you have and how would you review it?

If anyone of you lovely TPF Members could answer some questions I would really appreciate it. :ty:

2. in terms of praciticality, it depends on what style of the wallet it is, how often ur gonna use the wallet and what kinda leather. Would definitely recommend a caviar cos it scratch proof and easier to clean as compared to a lambskin or other leathers
    You have to consider your purpose as well..
    For example if you like to just be handsfree and only having a wallet with you, then a WOC would be a great option.

You can always source for a few styles to consider and then conduct a poll if you can't decide which you should get. ;)
    Just my two cents worth. Good Luck!

3. I don't have any Chanel wallets other than the WOC. I think it's a great hands free option that can go day (messenger/shoulder bag) to night (clutch). However, I wouldn't use it as a wallet within another bag since the chain is added weight.

4. I have a Chanel wallet but it is patent & has never gotten a scratch or anything! But like Clairekirsten said, if you go for a different material, the outcomes may be different. I personally wish I had a WOC like sneezz spoke of b/c you can get so much use out of it. I love all Chanel, as I assume most of us on here do ;), but I prefer the patent b/c it gives their products a mire casual feel & less worry. Oh, and it's a little less expensive....let us know what you buy in the end!

5. I have a wallet in caviar (appologies, im not sure of the exact style) and I bought it almost 4 years ago!!! It still looks brand new and I still get plenty of compliments on it. I'm not in any way precious with my wallet; it gets thrown around in my bag, with brushes, pens, keys etc and it must have the wholesome sum of about 3 scratches! I still love it :smile:

6. I'm in love with some wallets, too! Any photos or model numbers? I saw this larger wallet with a zip around zippers that costs more than the tri folds $(870) but I don't know what it looks like inside. Any info/style number/photos would help me out a lot in my decision making! Tia!!!! :smile:

7. Hi! I recently bought a zip around wallet (Timeless version) and it was approx $850 and I know it comes in the quilted pattern as well. Is this the wallet style you were talking about?

Attached Files:

• 05 w.JPG
      05 w.JPG
      File size:
      52.2 KB
      Views:
    • 06 w.JPG
      06 w.JPG
      File size:
      51.1 KB
      Views:
  8. I have four Chanel wallets and they are all beautiful. I have to say I wondered if lambskin would hold up to the daily use, as obviously you handle a purse quite a lot, but they are absolutely fine - I adore them :biggrin: The patent are beautiful, so easy to use and don't get scratched up at all :yes:

I also have two WOCs - I thought they were the best bags ever, but have sadly had to have one repaired after only 2 weeks use, so at the present time, I am off of them a little bit ;)

9. i have a lamb classic flap wallet that i love but is just starting to show signs of wear after almost 3 yrs...i would suggest caviar or patent for sure...i think you need a style that works for you...i have a classic caviar woc i havent used much - only when i need hands free...
    good luck deciding!

10. what a beautiful Wallet :biggrin:

11. thank you so much for your input,
    surprisingly I have heard that a lot about The WOC'S
    are they really that ... Fragile ?

12. I have let go of my lambskin WOC and my lambskin wallets, as I do find they are prone to surface scratches and I just don't need the stress :smile: I currently have a patent zip pocket wallet, and 2 caviar WOC's. ADORE them all. Caviar or patent would be great choices. Good luck!

13. totally recommend the woc! its so chic and stylish and is a wallet + bag! two in one really!

14. I love my Chanel wallets. I get more compliments on the wallets than I do bags.
    I have a Camilla lambskin wallet that I do use and so far it is holding up fine. I do condition it regularly.
    Most people will get caviar as that is more durable.
    I know a lot use LV wallets. But I love my Chanel wallets

15. I only have 2 WOC. One is distressed calf reissue and another one patent camellia. Both are a god-send to me. I have a baby girl who wants me to hold her almost all the time. ( wish I could wear her, but so far not working) so this is the best buys I made in life. It carry money, cards, IDs plus some space for coin pouch, lip balm, inhaler, and a pack of tissue. I can grab my money or card with one hand. I've been using them everyday. I use my reissue for six months straight without changing off. I stuff it so much I think the leather soften a bit. I even put the chain inside and throw it in my bigger bag and use it as a wallet. Now that I got a patent one, I retire the reissue. After six months of heavily use, the leather softened. I think the structure is also soften. Can't blame it though coz I admit I stuff it to the brim with sometimes add my iPhone and a lipstick and a little bit more. Still, it hold its shape.

For the blue patent camellia, it feels a lot stiffer than the reissue and due to that stiffness, I think I put less in it. At least, so far my iPhone not yet in there with all the stuff. And I think after some rain on and since we live in tropical, maybe the color changes a bit. Or maybe I'm just paranoid. But it holds up great and I've been using it everyday for two months already.

Oh... Just to add. Maybe coz the weight of stuff I carry inside, I think the flap part that touch the chain bend upward a bit. It only happen with the reissue one though. I'm not sure coz the leather is softer for that one or coz I carry less in the patent.

So far I think WOC is a great bag and I'd recommend you to get the patent one in dark color to avoid color changing. If you want a wallet, put the chain in and throw it in your bag. I've been carry it as a wallet in both jumbo and 227 and still have some room left for other thing. No feedback on cavier WOC though since I don't have one. :smile:

I'm also eyeing the extra large zip around cavier wallet. Too bad I don't wanna stop using my WOC so I guess I will have to pass. :smile: