Chanel Wallets vs. LV Wallets

OCMomof3

O.G.
Feb 26, 2013
Hi ladies :smile: I keep hearing that Chanel wallets do not hold up as well as Louis Vuitton wallets. Opinions from those who have used Chanel/both would be great! Thanks!

I used both before and I really think LV is much more durable than Chanel. But I am referring to Chanel lambskin. I have not used Chanel wallets in leathers other than lambskin, so I am not sure how that compares to LV.

Chanel wallets are definitely not durable. And not talking abt just the outside parts even though it has caviar leather. The inside/lining learner isn't durable and even the thread is weaker compared to LV. As someone has mentioned in another post, it's common preowned Chanel wallets show much more wear and tear, color transfer/ rub marks than LV.

^I completely disagree. I used a Paris*NY Chanel wallet for 5 years and recently stopped carrying a wallet altogether. My PNY is still in excellent condition! That thing banged around inside of numerous bags, was carried as a clutch, etc. . . for 5 years and truly is still in excellent condition.

W/o knowing EXACTLY which 2 wallets we're trying to compare here though, it's nearly impossible to say.

"W/o knowing EXACTLY which 2 wallets we're trying to compare here though, it's nearly impossible to say."

This is definitely true. I am comparing a leather LV wallet (not canvas) to a leather Chanel wallet -- preferably caviar. So I guess my question is, how durable are Chanel's interiors and exteriors on their wallets.
Sorry to be unclear!

Chanel lambskin wallets definitely do not stay in good shape whether exterior or interior. You'll be able to see any and all kinds of marks/ scuffs in a short period of time. Caviar I've never owned but I'd think though the surface would be more durable the corners somehow are still not as durable as LV wallet. Also the interior is like lambskin texture. Even the hermes leather wallets become worn out looking more severely.

Where are you hearing this? Haha I have both and have had no problems with either. I think if you dont take good care of your wallets then you might have problems with them, regardless of the brand.

I have heard this both on and off PF. I am an LV girl primarily, but I would be honest with people who ask me about their products. :smile:. You're right, care has a lot to do with how any item wears.