Chanel Wallet vs LV wallet - advice needed

monymarshall

Mar 18, 2009
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new wallet. My LV just died after 6 years. I've been eyeing the Chanel ones. I love the black caviar and I have been looking at one that is $575 and another that is $795 (I just don't remember the names but I'm sure you Chanel experts know what I am talking about)
Anyway, my concern is that the leather on the interior is incredibly soft - it seems like it may scratch easily and that the credit card slots will get stretched out easily (this was actually starting to happen with my LV and I would find cards in my purse!)
I'm a busy mom so I'm pretty hard on wallet - it gets thrown around a lot. Any advice from folks who have had Chanel wallets? Should I just go back to getting another LV? Would appreciate any advice!!!
Thanks so much!!!

well.....in all honesty.....i have more LV wallets than CHANEL because LV holds up WAY better wallet-wise.My Chanel wallet gets signs of wear too quickly while my LV wallets still look NEW

I have both. I love Chanel wallets. I have 3 of them and so far only have used 2 and no wear on them at all. If your gonna get an LV wallet , the Eugenie is my favorite. But I love the classic Chanel wallet. I want the new grey lambskin one. lol.

I agree with Jill! I know this is the chanel forum (and I love my chanel wallets), but my LV wallets have held up better. I also love the extra compartments and slots on both the LV Sarah or Zippy Wallets. I'm impartial to the Vernis ones. ;)

well.....in all honesty.....i have more LV wallets than CHANEL because LV holds up WAY better wallet-wise.My Chanel wallet gets signs of wear too quickly while my LV wallets still look NEW

I have both and I agree... if you're hard on your wallets LV will last A LOT longer. I love the look of Chanel wallets but always feel like I have to baby them a little (I mean, separate them from keys and etc), while LV wallets are virtually indestructible.

I don't have either (love Chanel, but I really want an LV wallet), but a woman I used to work with had an LV wallet that she had been using for 15+ years and it was still in great shape.

i once used a mono pti for 4 years, and it still looked brand spankin new when i sold it (and at a 90% return!) i've been using a eugenie and it looks great, tho the buckle shows scratches. i love the look of chanel wallets too, but i think LV holds up better for something that's gonna be thrown around in your bag. i also once bought a chanel metallic goatskin wallet that to me smelled of spray paint or some other chemically smell, so it went back. i also love LV vernis for a pop of color, and i've been very happy with my vernis accessories, they hold up extremely well

Thanks for starting this thread, I'm current using LV vernis wallet at the moment but really want a Chanel lambskin wallet..pretty sure the LV would hold up better than Chanel, but it doesnt stop me from wanting one..keke

THANKS SO MUCH TO EVERYONE!!! I knew I could count on you guys. Looks like it will be another LV - but that still doesn't stop me from wanting a Chanel - maybe further down the road. This would be my first Chanel purchase and I want something that will last for a bit. Maybe I should be thinking about a bag :smile:

I have a couple of Chanel wallets and several Vuitton wallets and I also feel that Vuitton is the better choice ....I used my Chanel wallet for approx...1 month and to me it looked like something I had for 6 months...It showed markings from my credit card removal the leather showed wear from apparently just the day to day usage....So I may have a love for the handbags...but the wallets are not for me....Now reagarding the Vuitton wallets...I also now prefer the Vernis wallets...as I am carrying the Zippy wallet in the pink patent...and for my fall treat I will purchase a new wallet in that fabulous shade of blue.... Good luck on your wallet hunting....and enjoy whichever wallet you choose....

Too funny you posted this.......I have been wanting to ask this question too!! The last few years I have had LV wallets and now that I just bought a Chanel bag, I was drooling over the Chanel wallets but wondering how they hold up.