Chanel wallet repair

CocoDior18

Dec 26, 2012
Hello,
My 8 month old Chanel classic caviar wallet won't snap closed. It looks like the hardware the snap goes into has a piece broken inside and won't catch on the snap like it should. I have never overstuffed my wallet and rarely use it. I will take it to Chanel next week but wondering if anyone has experience with Chanel fixing their items and if they'll try to charge me? It better be fixed under warranty. I'm really shocked with the crappy quality of the hardware.
Thanks.

Did you contact the SA who sold it to you? I was under the impression that the warranty period is 1 year and you shouldn't be charged for repairs during this period?

Did you contact the SA who sold it to you? I was under the impression that the warranty period is 1 year and you shouldn't be charged for repairs during this period?

I called the boutique and spoke to an SA that answered (can't remember who sold it to me) and she just said to bring it in and that she can't really say anything more until they see the issue. I just don't want them to imply that it's wear and tear and therefore I'm responsible. I'm glad to hear there likely is a 1 year warrenty. Thank you!

They are pretty nice about it. Go ask your SA. I believe it's free of charge if it's within 1 year of purchase and you have a receipt. They will fix it until 5 years of purchase with receipt. I purchased my gst in 2012 and had it repaired in 2013. On my GST, the gold on the started chipping off (insane right?!) and they didn't charge me. I had my receipt. It's actually in Paris right now again because they fixed the wrong grommet in 2013 even though the repair form clearly stated which one to fix (facepalm). The first time it took 4 months and I got it back early 2014. I took it back to Neiman Marcus and the SAs all told me to use it and let it chip more then bring it back and have it repaired since it would take a while. I didn't touch it until this year 2017 and just took it back before the 5 year mark . They took it and didn't charge me. Not sure if they didn't charge me the second time because they made a mistake the first time. Also, I had my original repair form from 2013 and the SAs know me. I do know within the first year, the repairs are free of charge. Good luck!

Can you share a picture of what you mean? That's rubbish to have that type of damage in under a year. They shd defo fix for free
It sounds like the female part of the popper button has broken, from the description. It sounds like a very easy fix but so disappointing to have happened after such a short space of time.
I took a 14 series Gst in for repair in February, it was fixed with a small charge. The bag is from 2010/11 so it seems they are fixing bags older than 5 years??

Reactions: Tuned83
Take it to Chanel before the 1st year expires, so you can have it repaired free of charge. In the 'good ol' days', you could have a wallet fully refurbished by only $50, but not anymore.:lol:

Last edited:
It sounds like the female part of the popper button has broken, from the description. It sounds like a very easy fix but so disappointing to have happened after such a short space of time.
I took a 14 series Gst in for repair in February, it was fixed with a small charge. The bag is from 2010/11 so it seems they are fixing bags older than 5 years??
Yeah I understood that but wondered what it looked like, ie an obvious crack in the button or another cause for the loss of function. Hope OP manages to get it fixed.

Reactions: Bags_4_life
It's hard to see but yes, the inside little side piece broke. You will notice it on the left but not on the right if you look closely inside. The wallet is perfect otherwise. Just found my receipt and I purchased it on July 27 last year. I guess I'm lucky it broke now and not in a few months in case they tried to charge me.