Chanel wallet: a good investment?

Jun 6, 2007
I'm looking to buy a small wallet that will fit in my Chanel purse (the label on the box says "Sac Class Rabat". Please excuse my ignorance!) Most wallets seem to take up at least half of the space in there so I'm really looking for something small and compact, yet fully functional.

I am considering getting an LV Zippy Coin Purse in Vernis to match my Melrose Avenue purse and since my Chanel is also patent, I thought it would complement itself well to it.

I've also been considering getting a Chanel wallet but the choice is slightly more difficult because they don't have as much of an extensive permanent collection to choose from as Louis Vuitton.

I don't hear a lot of talk or love for Chanel's small leather goods. Are they a good investment or should I stick with the LV ZCP?

I'm looking to buy a small wallet that will fit in my Chanel purse (the label on the box says "Sac Class Rabat". Please excuse my ignorance!) Most wallets seem to take up at least half of the space in there so I'm really looking for something small and compact, yet fully functional.

I am considering getting an LV Zippy Coin Purse in Vernis to match my Melrose Avenue purse and since my Chanel is also patent, I thought it would complement itself well to it.

I've also been considering getting a Chanel wallet but the choice is slightly more difficult because they don't have as much of an extensive permanent collection to choose from as Louis Vuitton.

I don't hear a lot of talk or love for Chanel's small leather goods. Are they a good investment or should I stick with the LV ZCP?
How small does it have to be? I love the Chanel zip around wallet.A50097

You can try a credit card holder:
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-r...sm-leather-goods-here-313870.html#post6816282

I have one and it is easy to use for smaller bags.

I also saw that some people have the coin holder and are able to put credit cards in there:
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-r...eather-goods-here-313870-23.html#post23733824

Hope this helps!

i have a LV zcp for my flaps & clutches too. it's the perfect size. imo, LV canvas is more durable than lambskin and maybe even caviar unless you are the type who baby stuff.

having said that, i am thinking of getting chanel caviar yen long wallet. prefer the design to LV :P

I prefer LV SLGs to Chanel ones..Just my opinion. I think you should go with the vernis zcp! I usually don't go all matchy-matchy so I like the difference in brand. Also, the zcp surprisingly fits a lot (cards, cash) and it is also great for small bags.

I think I'm going to have to pop into my Chanel store, see what they have in stock (it's always a random mystery/surprise) and if I don't see anything interesting, I will walk down the street to the LV store and get the ZCP.

Besides, I think at 490$, the ZCP is a bargain! Of course, all things are relative:smile:

Hello-
I just purchased the sac rabat today and the question of a wallet has come up already. The husband wants to take me back to Chanel to pick one up this weekend. I'd love to hear what you decide on. I think you have the larger size (?) because "class" is not on my tag. I wanted the bigger one but the color I wanted only came in small. What color did you buy if you don't mind me asking?

Hi I have a small Chanel wallet which I think is the "Sac Class Rabat" and I love it! Its in a bright blue patent from 12C. Its quite durable and I have had it for around 10 months now. I was also deciding between LV or Chanel and I chose Chanel because of the brighter colours availiable and it not having the LV logo all over it. I would definately choose it over LV but that is just my opinion :smile: Good Luck!

As a rule, I prefer Louis Vuitton wallets over Chanel, but when I take out my mini or beverly clutch, I love using my Chanel Caviar Card Holder. If you do intend to purchase a wallet, definitely go for caviar!

what do you mean by investments? Investment usually have some sort of returns...if you meant getting revenue from it? then no. If you meant selling it for a profit, then no. Wallet has no investment value whatsoever but rather more functional. It's very private and people are more open to buying a second hand bag compared to a wallet. After all, most wallets arent that expensive.

what do you mean by investments? Investment usually have some sort of returns...if you meant getting revenue from it? then no. If you meant selling it for a profit, then no. Wallet has no investment value whatsoever but rather more functional. It's very private and people are more open to buying a second hand bag compared to a wallet. After all, most wallets arent that expensive.

More often than not 'investment' in these scenarios means: do they hold up well; age nicely; useful? Etc.

I am paranoid that the zip and zipper pull on my zippy wallets will scratch the leather inside lining of my Chanel bags so will only use small wallets with minimal hardware. I use the short Chanel wallet or small LV flap cardholder

chanel lambskin wallets and coin purses are examples of something which u definitely cant resell coz they will nvr look as pristine as new. nevertheless, i still buy them despite their steep price because i heart Chanel SLGs and simple love the feel of lambskin.. (note that i dun apply these thoughts when it comes to lambskin flap bags hehe!) and since i use it every single day for many many years (i am too lazy to rotate my wallets and other small Chanel pouches), eventually i manage to convince myself that its indeed worth paying that much coz these SLGs have already served their purpose and i've used them well, so absolutely no regrets! hope that helps! :smile: