Chanel vs LV

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everybody. my mum's birthday is around the corner so i wanted to buy something nice for her. I wanted to buy her a new purse but i dont really know much about designers stuff.( i'm a guy & i'm 21) so i appreciate if u guys can help me out here. she's been using the same ferragamo purse for the past 15 more years & i felt sorry for her cause the purse is in a really really bad shape. i've been saving up to buy myself a new watch but the watch can wait. so i've been doing some research & i found louis vuitton monogram vernis international wallet in amarante & chanel black caviar long wallet. which one of this u think suits my mum best? she's turning 53 this year. or any other wallet u have in mind? pls do let me know which one u think is better for her.
    thanks

2. I think either one would be lovely for her :smile: A Chanel wallet will always be in style and they are so beautiful, but I've heard that Vuitton wallets holds up a bit better. There are many Chanel ladies here who have Vuitton wallets because of this! But I think she will be so so happy with either one of them, good luck :smile:

3. LV wallets hold up better.

My favorite LV wallet is the vernis zippy wallet

4. I have both LV (vernis & monogram) and Chanel wallets, and I love them equally. It really depends on personal preference. The only thing that might sway the decision either way is that LV wallets are generally more durable than Chanel wallets:

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/chanel-wallet-vs-lv-wallet-advice-needed-498771.html
    http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/chanel-vs-lv-wallet-467551.html
    http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/any-chanel-wallet-as-functional-as-lv-zippy-533909.html

FWIW LV's amarante is a gorgeous color and I prefer it on glossy vernis to the Chanel black caviar wallet (more subtle, understated... and dare I say boring!?).

5. LV vernis zippy wallet is a good choice and many colors you can choose for your mom but it can be easily scratched if you want a more durable LV wallet, you can get the standard zippy monogram. I love that one too.
    Good luck!

6. to be honest, when it comes to wallets, i only turn to LV... not only sturdy, but classic and understated for me is the Epi leather...

btw, yer mom is so lucky to have such a sweet & thoughtful son! putting her need in 1st, and deferring yours! so touching :girlsigh:

7. i agree as much as i love chanel - the LV lasts longer

8. If the ladies here in the Chanel forum are recommending LV - then I say you would definitely have to go with the LV!!

9. thank you ladies for your thoughts. I think I will go for LV. I've checked out the website & i found a few stuff that interest me as well. :P . I guess my watch need to wait a little longer cause i'm thinking getting myself a few stuff as well.

10. the sarah or zippy wallet in vernis is an excellent choice. amarante is a nice choice!

11. I always carried LV wallets, and they wore like iron, and I think your Mother will be very happy! What a wonderful son you are!:true:

12. Ditto to everything all the ladies have said here. I own both, and my LV wallets take a lot of abuse and still look new!

13. Please let us know what you decide to go with- and have to agree LV is better because it will hold up longer- and from the sounds of it; she carries her bags for a long time :P

14. I recommend LV. When it comes to wallet, LV is better in terms of durability and functionality. Any LV styles would work.

Your mom is so lucky to have such a great son.

15. I love LV, a cross body would be nice when you're busy shopping and you don't have to worry about where you left your hand bag.
    Toy.