CHANEL Vintage Jumbo XL Lambskin Flap Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhogiela

O.G.
Apr 20, 2008
For all you ladies who own the chanel vintage jumbo xl lambskin flap bag...:love:

I'm looking into purchasing one that's in great condition. However, I'm a bit confused as to what the inside of the bag should look like. One seller has a jumbo xl that is lined in a burgundy lambskin leather while another is showing me one lined in black lambskin.

Which is authentic?? Or, are BOTH authentic?

Any help much appreciated...thanks!

The are two sizes of the Vintage Jumbo with oversized CC lock.

The one on the link is the 12 inches/ 30cm version and it can have either red or black interior. The 13.5inches/ 34cm version always come with red interior.

Hope that clarifies :smile:

The bag in the auction says "XL" but the dimensions are actually for the regular Jumbo. My Jumbo XL is almost 13.5 inches wide and 4 inches deep. It's HUGE!!!!!!!! If anyone here is going to buy this bag, double check with the seller that it is the size you want before you purchase it. Mine has a burgundy interior by the way (3 series). Good luck in your hunt.

Oh no rhogiela! I just bought this jumbo. Sorry, I read your post only after I BINned it, otherwise, I would have posted here or PMed you that I'm planning to get it. Apologies.

This bag is a jumbo, by the way, not an XL. The seller apparently indicated "xl" to increase chances it'll come up on a search. Nyhockeymom91 is correct, the XL is 13.5 in, while this jumbo is only 12 in.

I've been researching on these two sizes a bit and since I'm only 5'4", I'm settling on the jumbo. Some tPFers also found the XL to be heavier. In the end, it's a matter of taste really. Good luck on your XL hunt!

I love the XL Jumbo! One of these days when/if the prices come down I'd like to own one. I think they are way too much money for older/used bags, even in excelllent condition. If celebreties didn't make the demand for them high, they would be selling on ebay for a lot less. C'mon, they are vintage after all, and sellers are making big bucks profits.

Thanks rhogiela and lanier. Agree with roey, these vintage bags are way overpriced. Thing is, I've been wanting one for a while now and the prices just kept increasing. So I decided to take the plunge.:smile:

rhogiela, the experts have authenticated some XLs in the authenticate this thread so maybe you can check those out. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.