Chanel Vintage Authenticity Card from Fashionphile

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi,

I purchased a vintage chanel double flap in size medium from Fashionphile awhile ago. I've never had a problem with the website so I didn't pay much attention to the bag when I first received it. However, today I noticed that the serial number on the authenticity card is slanted! I'm not talking about some minor slanting but rather the entire row is off-centered. Is that a thing? The serial number on the authenticity card matches the serial number on the bag. However, it just seems odd to me that the quality control of chanel would be so low that they couldn't even print their serial numbers properly.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? Did I receive a super fake or is quality control just that bad during the vintage days (1994-1996). Please see attached photo for reference. Thank you so much! Chanel 1.jpg Chanel 2.jpg

2. IzzaGee likes this.
  3. Quality control was actually better for vintage bags so it is rather odd that the serial number looks that way. I would call Fashionphile and see what they have to say and also post on the Authenticate This thread.
    I've always had great customer service with FP so maybe they'd be willing to rectify the situation...if it even is a situation.