Chanel valentine 2014 charms problem?

xakarias

Apr 15, 2010
London

Hi TPFers!

Ever since ive got this bag i have always wondered if the charms are like this? Or is it faulty? Like whenever i wear it long, the charms will be on their back side. Notice now i kept the chain straight, the charms would naturally fall back on its back like that. Any ideas? Whos having the same problem or is it just me?

the second picture when i flipped it the other way it looks how it should look from the front?

And one more question, has anyone's valentine bag lost its shape yet? I previously had a valentine bag from 2008 and because it was also single flap, its kind of floppy and doesn't really stay nice and structured, hence i bought the new one this year hoping it wont be all floppy and wobbly like the old one.

Thank you very much!

Ps. Is the bag supposed to be a Gold Hardware? Or silver? I couldnt actually tell, sometimes it looks gold, but most of the time its silver looking.

Last edited:

Winterfell

Oct 26, 2013
UK
I don't have this bag but I do recall posts about the charms being the wrong way round. Someone had definitely taken the charms off their bag and fixed them back on the right way. If it was my bag I wouldn't try it myself but would get a jeweller to fix them.

bubuchahchah

Jan 6, 2013
Hi! I have the same bag and my charms fall the same way as yours do. Don't worry! Haha

But for me the bag's chain stitching keeps coming off at the joint part. It came off once after three months of use. Got it fixed and now the stitching's out again!

xakarias

Apr 15, 2010
London

thank you everyone i've done the charms myself eventually, i went to the jewellers but he did it the way i would have done it anyways, plus he couldn't really see much becuase the joints of the metal was quite small, so i ended up buying some pliers and did it at home myself, as Winterfell and tutushoppers recommended. it wasn't hard at all and i'm not a crafty person either. made me happier yay

thank you again everyone :smile:

Hi! I have the same bag and my charms fall the same way as yours do. Don't worry! Haha

But for me the bag's chain stitching keeps coming off at the joint part. It came off once after three months of use. Got it fixed and now the stitching's out again!
oh does the backward charms not bother you at all? like the whole point of the charms are those pretty pearls? lol but i guess its still a wonderful bag afterall even if the charms are backwards :smile:

and the stitching comes off? that's never actually happened (fingerscrossed) to any of my chanels but one of them (which is my mom's vintage bag which she purchased 20 years ago) did come off once but we didnt bother fixing it because she doesn't use it that much anymore. but maybe it depend on where you took it and if the weather is quite hot? maybe if the weather is hot and leather could have expanded it a little bit and snaps off the thread? (my guess anyways)