Chanel Two-toned Slingback Thoughts?

Q. Is it customary for Chanel to not include a shoe bag? I bought mine in June and finally wore them to work last week, went looking for the shoe bag to put them in and there was none in the box. Do tell. Thanks.

I would not stretch out a shoe as the line of the shoe will not be the same. I know some people like to stretch their shoe but if you look closely at what happens when a shoe is stretched, the top toe part is still the same but now the wider part looks out of proportion because that part is now wider. But now you have this smaller toe in proportion to wide shoe. Some people do not see it or don't mind but I think it actually makes a person's foot look wider. Like a person had fat feet and stretched it out which is ok if it's an old beat up shoe, but this is a brand new shoe that now looks "fat". To me, it ruins the look and the line of the shoe.

If I were in your situation, I would buy the shoe that fits your foot and take it to a cobbler to shorten the elastic strap a tiny bit which is easy. My strap is loose too. I would suggest ask your cobble if he can do it to be sure (some do not like to mess with it). If yes, don't do it yet. Wear the pump and see if it really doesn't fit. I thought I had to shorten it but now I love it and it slips on and off easily. I have had elastic straps that are too tight and they leave a red mark which is not good. I would wear them first to be sure. Your foot does swell and slide... maybe they be ok as long as they are not slipping off your heel. I prefer my shoes looser than tight. Nothing worse than wearing tight shoes and your feel/heel are bulging out making them look fatter.

For my slingbacks, I don't think they stretched a lot maybe a tiny bit but not like the lambskin ballerinas. Also, not sure if you have purchased Chanel shoes before but all my Chanel shoes I have to go a half size up except for boots.

Just my two cents. I hope that write up made sense. Good luck to you.

Hi :smile: for the chanel slingbacks, did you get 1/2 size bigger than your normal shoe size? :smile:

By the way, I want to mention I had similar issues with slingbacks in the past in that the strap did not stay on and then I had to go down a size which then I had to really push my foot in to avoid the dreaded heel hanging look. Hence I had not purchased slingbacks for years. I caved when these came out as I am a big chanel shoe fan. My first pair was the classic beige/black slingbacks and I loved them so much and they fit so well I purchased two more pairs (ivory/black toe, beige/white patent toe). These are now my favorite shoes (after the ballets). I can wear these all day, including walking in the city streets and also not have to worry about the skinny heel getting caught.

I do think you will love them. At least give it a shot. Good luck!

Did you get your normal size now? :smile: how is the fit of the new slingbacks?

Thank you so much for the advice! Unfortunately I don't know if I'll be able to return them since I bought them in Paris but I live in NYC. If I can't return them then I'll try wear them and see if it streches a little..if not then I guess I'll have to buy the next size up.

Hi! :smile: how's the fit of your chanel slingbacks? Did they stretch width wise? :smile: did you get your normal size or did you get 1/2 size up? Thank you :smile:

Q. Is it customary for Chanel to not include a shoe bag? I bought mine in June and finally wore them to work last week, went looking for the shoe bag to put them in and there was none in the box. Do tell. Thanks.

Chanel shoes always come with a pair of shoes bags. You can go to the store or call and they will give you a pair. You should get two shoe bags, not one.