Chanel tweed jackets

i've been collecting chanel jackets though all of mine have been solid colors (with the exception of one and it's not tweed per se) so that they can survive all fashion trends. i don't think the tweed ones ever go out of style, as long as the colors are not too wacky (chanel always has one or two wacky items per season it seems) and the style not too trendy. they are good investments, IMHO, if you choose them carefully. chanel jackets do go on sale as i was able to score a few at 60% off retail at the end of the sale season...just takes persistence.

I love Chanel tweeds. And I agree that the collarless are really Coco, and more wearable for every age group. I'm small, so I tend to gravitate toward styles with 3/4 length sleeves. I've been lucky the last few seasons. I love the 3/4 sleeve jackets with the long gloves. Yea, I'll be wearing that to the grocery store.:wlae:

I was in NYC few weeks ago and saw some pretty weird styles, but there were also some incredible Monte Carlo pieces that really looked couture. At the price point, they should be:wtf:. If you have a relationship with a good SA, deals can be had.

I wish more ladies would post photos in the Chanel RTW reference section!

Ah, my other weakness (besides flaps, flaps and more flaps) is jackets. I promise as the temps cool, I'll get some pics posted.

The sale will be in Dec -- check with your SAs. Agree they're an investment and timeless. If you can get one on sale, so much the better!! (They seem to be priced more now as well.) You will wear it (them) this year, 5 years from now, 10 years. They're as timeless as the flaps. Wear them with jeans, skirt or pants. As for the military style that was mentioned, I remember Chanel did this in the late 80s or 90s. If one lives long enough, you see styles revolve so hang onto what you have and just update it with a new accessories, foot wear.

I wear mine with jeans all the time as many others do. I absolutely adore it. It has a little sparkle to it and I always get a lot of compliments.

Attachments

• Picture%20007.JPG
    Picture%20007.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,880
I wear mine with jeans all the time as many others do. I absolutely adore it. It has a little sparkle to it and I always get a lot of compliments.

That's gorgeous Aprilvalentine!

I went to the trunk show at the Bellagio yesterday and fell absolutely in LOVE with a tweed jacket that is part of cruise. It is truly the most stunning jacket I've ever seen, and the details were so exquisite. It had very, very tiny silver hanging chain (like the new bag ligne, but SUPER tiny) throughout the jacket as accents that were indistinguishable but for up close. It was black and cream tweed and a total knockout. I was told the price would be about $5-6K, but man, I tried it on and was in love. The SA's were bowled over too. Truly amazing.

I have an 04 black and cream collarless shorter "cardigan" version that has very subtle black sequins through out, that is really cool too that I found on ebay. Since someone asked for pics of the collarless versions, I'll do that tonight and post!

They're my new love too! :yes:

Just wanted to revive this thread to see if anyone else had new pictures or info on prices of the Chanel tweed jackets. I'm a complete Chanel newbie but am quickly becoming addicted.

Same here, i love tweed jacket and i feel dat it's never out of style. It's jus so trendy and gorgeous dat u can wear it even with a pair of jean and a simple top. It still loook so chic. Unfortunately, i can't afford her yet. If i do ever, i will definitely buy one tweed jacket to keep.

Bee bee...I agree, I prefer the collarless cardigan styles as I think it's more young/fresh looking. And bonus for being cheaper!! I would love a black one with an unfinished hem, similar to the one Vanessa wears in the Cambon ads.

That one is amazing, isn't it. I remember seeing it in an ad in Vogue or Elle years ago, at that moment it had burned itself into my memory (like you would say in Germany lol)! Not sure if you could call it timeless though....

2s6alwn.jpg

If you want a tweed jacket, get it. Don't worry about what someone else says. Especially fashion editors. They may say something is hot, but you are the one that makes it hot, not them.

Well said :tup:.

Van's jacket is a great example of a Chanel fringe jacket I actually saw this on ebay not that long ago. Whether it be tweed or fringe, if the syle is classic in cut, it's a timeless piece; i.e., not age specific. Years ago Vogue did a spread of older women and their daughters either standing next to or behind their mom. Each pair was dressed in a similar cut Chanel. It says a lot about a house whose designs suit more than one generation.

oh and by "Not sure if you could call it timeless" I meant that the fridge might be not simple enough to be wearable for decades (too edgy?). If the sleeves had finishes hems it would be a little bit more classy/wearable imo.
But afterall, it's the woman in it and her style who can make a jacket timeless at the end!