Chanel tweed jacket or Moujik bag??!!which should I get?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Dear TPFers,I need your insights please!!:cloud9:
    I was planning to get the moujik bag (with the gold-metallic base one, not the black metallic one) long time ago,finally got time to check out Chanel and was determined to bring it home.Then~~ here comes the dilemma. A white tweed jacket caught my eye instantly and it was 30% off!!! I tried it on and really in love with it!!!!(it was a 38 and I need a 36 or 34, they don't carry 34 so might have to alter it) But my budget only allows me to get either the jacket or the bag......what should I do? get the bag or the jacket? I already have four Chanel bags so I keep telling my self that maybe it's a good idea to get the tweed jacket since I have none. But my mom told me I should invest on bags......what would you do????? please help.....

2. I would get the jacket as the Moujik bag does not speak to me at all. Also, you already have 4 bags. Get the one you love more....
    A Chanel jacket is on my "wanted" list and I believe they are classics as well.

Like I said, get the one you love more!

3. i would go for the jacket..such classic piece...the bag is seasonal

4. OK really hard call coz they are 2 totally different things.

Would you wear the jacket? How many times? Would you love it forever?

Are you considering the bag because the $$$$ is burning a hole in your pocket?

Did your little heart stop for a beat when you saw the bag?

It sounds to me like the jacket stole your heart but your head is saying 'better off with a bag'

Is it passing infatuation or the beginning of a beautiful romance? Don't forget the time/$$ extra for the dry cleaning and alterations.

I have 2 Chanel jackets and a suit. I love them and I'm never getting rid of them. That's all I'm saying

good luck with your decision - very tricky one.

5. Thank you all for the input!!!!!!
    My heart stopped a bit when I saw the craftsmanship of the jacket!!! I was like "she is coming home with me~~" (I guess it's from the cruise collection, silk and chains were sawed around the handcuffs, and the buttoms were gold color, the design was qhite complicated.)
    But then when I stop to think, "how about its practicality? would I wear if often? since LA is hot most of the time....when do I wear it?:thinking: definitely I will wear the bag more often than the jacket!!" but like some of you said, this bag is seasonal and I might love it less in three or four years? however,I know for sure I will love the jacket forever!!!.......
    I should have taken a picture of the jacket for your reference....

6. I vote for the jacket. I live in So Cal as well and own three CHANEL jackets and I wear them casually with jeans. You will find that if you make a concious effort you can get a lot of use out of your jacket.

7. I vote for the jacket too as it stopped your heartbeat. It's a classic. You can wear if for many many years even though you may only wear it a few times a year only. After all, the moujik is not very appealing. You may get tired of it after a few months.

8. I vote for the jacket:smile:

9. another vote for the jacket

10. Get the jacket. I feel like a queen when I just look at mine and even more so when wearing them. I had to have the upper arms altered on one and it cost me $50. Big deal. Unless you get it dirty, you only have to clean it every few wears, the less dry cleaning, :lol::love::tup: the better they say for the length of durability of the jacket.

11. I love Chanel Jackets too but I use them very sparingly compared to the bags I own. Moreover, I hate to leave them with the Dry Cleaners and am unwilling to pack them as check-in luggage whenever I travel to cooler climates, I am always paranoid that something might go wrong! :sweatdrop:
    Having said that, Chanel Jackets are for keeps and they are meant to last for a long time.

12. jacket!!!!

13. I vote for the jacket and then the moujik bag, he:lol: he am I of help?

14. I've recently switched from hoarding bags to rtw. Chanel tweed are TDF!!!

15. My vote is for the jacket as well since you already have 4 bags.
    But it's up to you, go for the one that makes your heart sing ;)