Chanel Turnlock Tarnishing?

jmaroun06

Nov 5, 2015
Hello guys!

I have a question...so i am fairly new to Chanel, owning just 2 pieces and I have a ? on repairs. I got my mini flap last month and love it! I noticed today that on the turn lock knob, it is tarnishing to a sliver color ( my flap is GHW). I don't know if it peeled or tarnished, but anyways- its bugging me! I know eventually the hardware will tarnish over time and age, but its only less than 2 months old! I noticed the chain is also tarnishing a bit. If I go to Chanel, is this something they can repair for me? Does anyone know what this entails? Also, will it cost me or is my bag under warranty? I'de appreciate your help ladies and gent, thank you!

ladysarah

O.G.
Jul 17, 2008
Hello guys!

I have a question...so i am fairly new to Chanel, owning just 2 pieces and I have a ? on repairs. I got my mini flap last month and love it! I noticed today that on the turn lock knob, it is tarnishing to a sliver color ( my flap is GHW). I don't know if it peeled or tarnished, but anyways- its bugging me! I know eventually the hardware will tarnish over time and age, but its only less than 2 months old! I noticed the chain is also tarnishing a bit. If I go to Chanel, is this something they can repair for me? Does anyone know what this entails? Also, will it cost me or is my bag under warranty? I'de appreciate your help ladies and gent, thank you!
That is most depressing. I have Chanel from the 90s which got heavy daily use and the gold is still gold on the turn lock. I would take it back to Chanel and request a free refurbishment. Having said that, I am afraid I have seen a lot of their new -er bags with this issue. Keep us posted.

lovelybee

O.G.
Jul 22, 2010
My ML flap ghw turn lock was also tarnished a yr after purchased. If it's within a yr, then they can repair with no charge, but mine was over a yr, so I ended up paying around $60 to have the turn lock repair. Then again, that was many yrs ago.

ceedoan

Crazy Handbag Lady
O.G.
Sep 29, 2011
that is so disheartening to hear!! less than a month??!??! ugh, this is why i've recently become so much more interested in vintage bags. i bought a 1 series extra mini (so roughly from '89-'91) and the gold on the CC turnlock is still pristine, that and it's plated in 24K gold. they really don't make them like they used to anymore!!! u should definitely take it back for repair!!