Chanel trendy CC wear and practicality

do you have noticeable wear on your trendy cc after months to years of wear?

• Total voters

lolasparks

Jan 21, 2023
Hi everyone, I’d love to hear opinions from anyone who has the trendy cc on how it’s held up over time -

I’d love to get it as an everyday bag but am concerned specifically about 1- the nameplate bar looking scratched quickly
2- corner wear given the shape and no feet
And of course 3- how easy it actually is to damage lambskin (though from what I’ve ready people say somehow the trendy cc version is more durable?)

Thanks so much in advance for any info anyone can provide — it’s such a stunning bag

I've had mine for over a year and nothing has happened to it yet. I stuff it well when stored so the shape still looks the same. The bar looks the same, no scratch. The flap had some scratches when I bought it but I was able to buff some out and they just disappeared over time--this is why I love lambskin so much and don't be afraid of lamb, it's not as delicate as others make it to be. The top handle does make it easy to grab and carry. It's not my every day bag and I don't wear it often, but I do have a variety of styles and still would highly recommend owning a Trendy CC in your collection. The lambskin feels super luxurious, different from other lambskins in my other bags. Such a stunning design in my opinion. It's quite heavy and bulky though. If you fill both compartments, the bag will expand a lot so I don't think you should stuff it but it should hold enough essentials for you. The strap is very comfortable but it's quite short and the bag may look too big for cross body (this bag is not meant for cross body anyway). The best way to carry it is on your shoulder or just carry it with the handle.

Reactions: lolasparks
I only owned mine for a short amount of time. The first time I took it out (shopping RTW at Chanel - only gently placed on one of the sofas in the dressing room), 2 corners started showing corner wear. I am extremely careful with my bags and belongings in general, but not being able to follow where this might have happened, I let it go to a friend who doesn’t mind fast wear and tear quickly after. It was the green chevron version from 2019. My experience at the time was in line with other issues I faced with other Chanel bags, so I didn’t want to bother with the bag anymore. I haven’t looked back and never considered getting another. However, my experience may be one of a kind and due to the particular leather batch utilized.

You guys are so helpful - thanks so much
If you're looking to get a bag for everyday use, I would recommend getting the 19. The lambskin is treated and it's even more durable than other lambs. It's easy to get in and out of. If you don't like the slouchy look, get an organizer. The bag is big so an organizer won't take up too much space. That is one Chanel bag you do not have to baby.

If you're looking to get a bag for everyday use, I would recommend getting the 19. The lambskin is treated and it's even more durable than other lambs. It's easy to get in and out of. If you don't like the slouchy look, get an organizer. The bag is big so an organizer won't take up too much space. That is one Chanel bag you do not have to baby.
What size/material 19 do you have? I feel like it's such a departure from the buttoned up trendy/classic flap that I feel like I can't get on board, but would love to because you are so so right about it being perfect for everyday (even with the huge back pocket!) - it sounds like you have an awesome collection/taste though, so which 19 did you go with?

I’ve had my Trendy CC for a few years now and there are no signs of wear but that’s because I hardly ever use it, and when I do, I am obsessively careful! It’s a truly beautiful and luxurious bag, more so than the classic flap IMO, but I just feel bad that it isn’t getting much use. Some people have reported shape loss on the Trendy. I will say about lambskin bags in general (having owned lots and lots of Chanel lambskin over the years) that the corners wear fast, but in terms of scratches on the leather, they tend to blend in together over time as the leather develops a patina. I also own a 19 in goatskin, and it’s my most used bag, very practical. However, the issue for me is that I feel it’s a bit too trendy and has already started to date.

Reactions: lolasparks
I've had my trendy since 2020, and have used it maybe 15ish times, and I've taken it on the plane (Putting it under the seat). Truly I have no marks on the lambskin, but there are quite a few hairline scratches on the name plate, nothing deep.
When not in use I have it stuffed with the tissue paper that I bought it with, and have it standing up on my cabinet, and so far I have had zero structure loss. I also don't overstuff the front and back sections as I find I don't want to stretch out those corners.
With that being said, I'm not sure if it would be the best choice as an every day bag?? I toss my everyday bag around too much and I would definitely be worried about expediting the wear and tear.

Reactions: HC00 and lolasparks
I bought one 6 months ago, and I love it. Everytime I go to dinner, I reach for the trendy. It's so elegant, but it's not a bag I would use everyday. I use it occasionally, so I've had no issues with deep scratches to the leather or structure loss.

I own and adore trendy cc bags, it’s the first Chanel bag I purchased. That being said, I don’t think it’s suitable as an everyday bag. It’s very structured, which means corner wear happens easily. The lambskin used is for trendys is more durable, but still scratches, which means you have to be careful of your nails when opening the flap, and be mindful not to bump the bag on anything. It’s an accordion style bag, so it holds more than it looks, but the 2 internal dividers limit the amount/shape or items that can go in, and if you overstuff the bag, there will be structural distortions.

I have 1 in LGHW and one in so black, neither has signs of wear on the hardware. You don’t normally touch the top bar/plate in the course of using the bag, so there shouldn’t be a lot of scratches. I would imagine there would be more scratches on the turn lock than the top plate.

Trendys are exceedingly elegant bags, but more suited for occasional outings rather than daily use.