Chanel trendy CC wear and practicality

do you have noticeable wear on your trendy cc after months to years of wear?

• Total voters
I own and adore trendy cc bags, it’s the first Chanel bag I purchased. That being said, I don’t think it’s suitable as an everyday bag. It’s very structured, which means corner wear happens easily. The lambskin used is for trendys is more durable, but still scratches, which means you have to be careful of your nails when opening the flap, and be mindful not to bump the bag on anything. It’s an accordion style bag, so it holds more than it looks, but the 2 internal dividers limit the amount/shape or items that can go in, and if you overstuff the bag, there will be structural distortions.

I have 1 in LGHW and one in so black, neither has signs of wear on the hardware. You don’t normally touch the top bar/plate in the course of using the bag, so there shouldn’t be a lot of scratches. I would imagine there would be more scratches on the turn lock than the top plate.

Trendys are exceedingly elegant bags, but more suited for occasional outings rather than daily use.
This is so helpful - thank you! Sounds like you have a gorgeous variety of them!

Brooklyn Blonde’s review of her trendy cc (https://www.brooklynblonde.com/chanel-trendy-cc-bag-review/) makes it sound like she’s used it as a daily mom bag for five years w no trouble and while I don’t really see how that’s possible and that’s why I came here to ask you guys, I have to be honest that I don’t know enough about what influencer’s get from promoting a bag (that I imagine they can’t link to to get commission from?) to know how much I can take their reviews to the bank?

Do you guys like the medium or small ?

Small for regular quilts, medium for large quilts.

This is so helpful - thank you! Sounds like you have a gorgeous variety of them!

Brooklyn Blonde’s review of her trendy cc (https://www.brooklynblonde.com/chanel-trendy-cc-bag-review/) makes it sound like she’s used it as a daily mom bag for five years w no trouble and while I don’t really see how that’s possible and that’s why I came here to ask you guys, I have to be honest that I don’t know enough about what influencer’s get from promoting a bag (that I imagine they can’t link to to get commission from?) to know how much I can take their reviews to the bank?

Oh I only have 2, but have a close friend who has 3. She is currently using her small trendy in a latte beige color as an everyday bag, the front flap has some scratches on it, mostly from her nails grazing it unintentionally when she’s reaching to open the flap. There are faint scratches on the turnlock, but no scratches on the top plate. She stuffs it full, to the point it’s a little hard to close, so the bottom portion of the bag flares out a little. She’s not careful and does not baby her bags. Unless you are very careful with your bags, and I would think that can get tiresome pretty fast if you are using a bag everyday, then I don’t think a trendy would work as a daily use bag.

I have had my first trendy for 2.5yrs, and have used it probably a total of 8 times? Either for shopping or dinner out. For comparison, most of my CFs, which are either in lambskin or iridescent calfskin, are used dozens of times for the half a year that they are in rotation.

Like others have mentioned, a 19 is more suited for everyday use. That bag is truly a workhorse, the goatskin doesn’t scratch easily at all because of the relaxed quilts, and it’s treated so if it gets a little rained on it’ll dry without a mark. It has a single compartment so you can stuff as much into it as you can a trendy, maybe an even little more.

I don’t have a Trendy (gorgeous bag!) but wanted to chime in about the 19. I have and love the small black 19. Everything about it is easy. It doesn’t look dumpy because it isn’t large enough to sag too much, imo. Samorga insert helps. (I don’t care for the appearance of the larger sizes.)

These are two totally different bags. You will not be happy if the Trendy is what you truly want but you buy the 19 instead. Try them both on in store if possible. :smile:

If you're looking to get a bag for everyday use, I would recommend getting the 19. The lambskin is treated and it's even more durable than other lambs. It's easy to get in and out of. If you don't like the slouchy look, get an organizer. The bag is big so an organizer won't take up too much space. That is one Chanel bag you do not have to baby.
It’s fantastic. I love it so much!

I don’t have a Trendy (gorgeous bag!) but wanted to chime in about the 19. I have and love the small black 19. Everything about it is easy. It doesn’t look dumpy because it isn’t large enough to sag too much, imo. Samorga insert helps. (I don’t care for the appearance of the larger sizes.)

These are two totally different bags. You will not be happy if the Trendy is what you truly want but you buy the 19 instead. Try them both on in store if possible. :smile:
I’m new to purseforum and you guys are awesome - so helpful! This is exactly what I’m struggling w everyone’s feedback - though it’s all making the 19 grow on me - thanks again!