Chanel Trendy CC Vanity vs MCM Cylinder Bag

Dec 7, 2008
Hi Everyone, I so want a vanity bag! Your opinions would be great here.

I want to get your opinion on this. I would like to get a vanity bag. Chanel makes a beautiful one called the Trendy cc vanity case and I am considering obtaining it:
1. because I love the trendy line so instead of buying another trendy I can get a vanity case
2. it appears quite user friendly. My other Chanel’s I don’t take out and about much, especially during pandemic times
3. the one thing is that it comes in black which I wonder about. Black would look nice against all my bright colors I typically favor however, may rule with Chanel is “go big” in terms of color or texture. Currently, it comes in other colors but I don’t care for the other colors (lilac and red).
4. I could always wait...

Now MCM makes a similar bag called the “cylinder bag”. Very different price point.
1. I have quite a few things of MCM, if I get it, then will I also end up getting the Chanel? (one tries to avoid making this kind of mistake)
2 MCM is coated with 24k gold which is quite nice and the look is quite a statement (as I think mcm usually is).

LV makes the Cannes as well, however the dimensions are a bit smaller than both the Chanel and the MCM and I'm just not an LV person.

I would like a statement bag that’s cute to go to the park, out to lunch, to work, and everywhere in between.
And I appreciate the unusual shape of the vanity.

And off course I can just simmer on both for some weeks. This is hard to do with Chanel because once it’s gone it’s gone.

I would love your opinions.

IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0150.PNG

Your post is telling me you really want the Chanel so get the Chanel...it’s a beautiful classic. I do love the vanity style right now and it will be perfect for what you’re looking to use it for.

Reactions: topglamchic
I think this vanity case is quite beautiful! I have seen it IRL, strap length is perfect too! The lambskin on it looks durable to me. I’d prefer this vanity case over the ‘lunch box’ style. You definitely can’t go wrong with this statement piece!

Reactions: topglamchic
Your post is telling me you really want the Chanel so get the Chanel...it’s a beautiful classic. I do love the vanity style right now and it will be perfect for what you’re looking to use it for.
To me, the Chanel looks luxurious and timeless while the MCM looks cute and fun. Both would look amazing on you. I would go with Chanel, if it were me. Good luck deciding. :smile: :heart:
I think this vanity case is quite beautiful! I have seen it IRL, strap length is perfect too! The lambskin on it looks durable to me. I’d prefer this vanity case over the ‘lunch box’ style. You definitely can’t go wrong with this statement piece!

Thank you all so much. @Venessa84 you have such a great collection of Trendy’s. I’m inspired. And @Dextersmom your collection is amazing! Thank you for your thoughtful reply @Bagventures.

I hope to be able to grab the trendy cc vanity case (tomorrow, hopefully). I’m looking forward to using it and having something different in my collection.

I’ll keep you posted!!